• another (name them :p )

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay dweeb and dweebettes have your pick :)

me thinks that the only one who can get into the top 8 from outside is the dreaded "Potato"
but all things could change depending on the US Open
me hopeful Marat can get fit and do another Running Man Job there :D :D

As you know slam winners get a WC into the TM Cup
all three of this years slam winners have already booked their spot in Houston.

1-Federer 545
2-Ferrero 537
3-Agassi 472
4-Coria 372
5-Roddick 370
6-Schuettler 349
7-Moya 319
8-Philippoussis 245
9-Mantilla 235
9-Verkerk 235
11-Grosjean 230
12-Kuerten 225
13-Calleri 222
14-Hewitt 208
15-Costa 201

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Coria....:devil:

i can dream can't I? ;)

gee i might fly to Houston if i am guaranteed that the Potato won't be there -- but i won't buy my tickets just yet...

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coria is already in top 8 :eek:
pretty sure 450 will get you in for sure

big pts still up for grabs -
Montreal 100
Cincinatti 100
US OPEN 200
Madrid 100
Paris-Bercy 100

Carlos moves to 334 after this week :) should have been more :mad:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
LOL...yes, Coria will have a very difficult time moving into the Top 8 from the #4 position. Challenge and a half, that.

Hewitt is the most logical choice, but if his form is still abysmal, Hewitt may not do it.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I'm sure Hewitt could do it, but I don't see why Guga couldn't either. He's done better on hard than clay since his comeback anyways. Grosjean as well, who has a great chance at making a run indoors and posting decent hardcourt results.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Realistically, Hewitt has the best chance given that he's the highest-ranked of the other contenders and he's heading into his favourite part of the year - and you'd expect him to turn around this slump in form sooner or later, given his fighting qualities. Kuerten too, but only if he recaptures the same winning form he had at the start of the year and during Indian Wells; his performances on the European clay were none too convincing.

Nice to see that TBE included Schalken, even though I think he won't match his dream run to the US Open semis last year and will lose out on any chance of making Houston despite probably having a better indoor season than most. Grosjean definitely has a good chance if he plays like he did at Wimbledon, since indoors seems to be his best surface and he can pile on the points at Paris like he did in 2001.

People who won't make it: Mantilla, Verkerk and Calleri, who are sitting high up in the Race entirely through one good clay-court result each and won't be able to maintain that kind of form in different tournaments on different surfaces.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I think Guga has his chance! He's playing very good on hard court before the clay court season. Also, his last 3 titles are all on hard court.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Hewitt, you can never count him out, although he has to bust some serious ass to get in it. Grosjean, dangerous on hardcourts and he can work wonders indoors

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Grosjean will, especially with the hardcourt and indoor seasons coming up.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I'd honestly be shocked if Hewitt didn't make it to Houston. Even with his crappy results this year, he's still in the top 15 in the Champions Race. I expect Lleyton to turn up his game during the American hardcourt season. I also like Grosjean's chances. As most of you have said, Sebby can work wonders during the indoor season and he should be able to rack up enough points there to make his way into the Top 8. Srichaphan would be my 3rd choice on this poll, since he seems to be getting his form back and loves this time of year. Hard court tennis galore. And as we saw last year, he can make a huge mark on the indoor circuit as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Grosjean for me. He's had another injury-affected year but seems to be picking up the pace nicely just as we head for a part of the season that suits him well.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Coria is already in top 8 :eek:
pretty sure 450 will get you in for sure
hmmm...i guess i looked at the wrong race points again! also i don't know how he will do in the hardcourt/indoor season coming up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts