Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to try to make it for the semis or finals...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had a real thrill a short time ago. I got here about 30-40 minutes after play started, and the first match I wanted to watch was the Kyle Edmund/Mischa Zverev match. Zverev won easily 6-4, 6-0 (in fact, I arrived when it was 5-4, so Zverev didn't lose a game after I got here). The real thrill occurred after I sat down. I found a seat on the back row, and sat down next to an athletic young guy. After a couple minutes I looked at him and realized he looked familiar, and when I read his badge on his lanyard I had confirmation - I was sitting next to Alexander Zverev! I wished him luck, commended him on gaining back some of his ranking points in Sweden, and asked him what he likes to be called. He said his friends call him Sascha but professionally he goes by Alex/Alexander.

In addition to meeting Alex Zverev, I also saw various female players practicing, and I could watch them all day if you know what I mean. (It is hot this time of year in Washington, DC.) I also saw Andy Murray practicing on the main practice court; he attracted a large crowd.

This has already been a good tournament for me, and I've been here 90 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts