Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're planning on going to Queen's and getting ground passes on the day this year. We've neither of us been before (I need to look it up on the map, for starters!), so would appreciate any advice anyone can give. In particular, how early do you have to get there to stand a chance of getting in? What's the catering like? Is there an ATM in the grounds, or do you need to get cash out first - in fact, can we pay for the passes by card? I'm so used to going to Wimbledon I need to do a mental re-set. (And yes, I will go and have a look at the website tomorrow - I'm still busy reading about yesterday's final at the moment).

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Queen's: ground passes on the day

I obviously posted this too soon in the aftermath of the FO, so ... bump!

·
Registered
59 Posts

We're planning on going to Queen's and getting ground passes on the day this year. We've neither of us been before (I need to look it up on the map, for starters!), so would appreciate any advice anyone can give. In particular, how early do you have to get there to stand a chance of getting in? What's the catering like? Is there an ATM in the grounds, or do you need to get cash out first - in fact, can we pay for the passes by card? I'm so used to going to Wimbledon I need to do a mental re-set. (And yes, I will go and have a look at the website tomorrow - I'm still busy reading about yesterday's final at the moment).

Thanks very much!
Hi, there is no cash point at the grounds and none by the station, the one in the off license charges, so I'd pick up cash before you arrive in the area. A few centre court tickets and quite a few ground passes go on sale each day at 10.30am but I'd arrive well before then to be sure. If you are going to get a ground pass go on either Monday or Tuesday, the only days where there is a a significant amount of play on the outer courts. You can also buy centre court returns for £5 from 4.30pm once you are in the grounds.

There are barely any shops in the area so buy food before you arrive.

Hope it helps. Enjoy!

·
Registered
75 Posts

This year there are NO singles matches available for a Grounds pass holder all week :eek::eek:

Mon 8 Singles (Centre and 1)
Tue 8 Singles (Centre and 1)
Wed 4 Singles (Centre only)
Thu 4 Singles (Centre only)
Fri 4 Singles (Centre only)
Sat 2 Singles (Centre only)
Sun 1 Singles (Centre only)
Really?! Do you know this for a fact or is it based on the calculation of how many games are being played?

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi, there is no cash point at the grounds and none by the station, the one in the off license charges, so I'd pick up cash before you arrive in the area. A few centre court tickets and quite a few ground passes go on sale each day at 10.30am but I'd arrive well before then to be sure. If you are going to get a ground pass go on either Monday or Tuesday, the only days where there is a a significant amount of play on the outer courts. You can also buy centre court returns for £5 from 4.30pm once you are in the grounds.

There are barely any shops in the area so buy food before you arrive.
Thanks. I'd sort of picked up about the ATMs. Wonder how much cash I shall actually need? (I'm assuming they take plastic for the entrance charge, unlike Wimbledon, since they haven't said otherwise). £5 possibly for a returned ticket, £10 for a programme, I see (or can you pay for that with plastic too?), and something for some food/drink/ices?

How "well before" 10.30 would you suggest arriving? An hour? More? Oh joy - rush-hour travel.

This year there are NO singles matches available for a Grounds pass holder all week :eek::eek:
Eek, that's a bit tough. Good job I like doubles, then.

Thanks everybody who's replied. Any further comments still welcome :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts