Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Does anybody know how late the evening matches are? i have tickets for Monday but I have to work during the day.

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts
Re: Early commitments

Does anybody know how late the evening matches are? i have tickets for Monday but I have to work during the day.
In 2013 the last match scheduled on centre court was "Not before 4.30." So play doesn't go until late unless there is rain.

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts

It really isn't. Though it is really cool to have a grass court tournament in The Netherlands.
:lol: I used to love it. The location sucks though; far too remote if you have to travel by public transport.

Mind you, I haven't been in years because I haven't lived in the Netherlands for a while now.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

:lol: I used to love it. The location sucks though; far too remote if you have to travel by public transport.

Mind you, I haven't been in years because I haven't lived in the Netherlands for a while now.
The tournament just doesn't have the same buzz/atmosphere as ABN AMRO has, for some reason.

Public transport is not that bad; I take the train to Den Bosch and from there the bus, that's the same amount of change overs for me as it is to get to Ahoy (train to The Hague and then the metro to Rotterdam).

Of course I travel for free as a student so I have no complaints.

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts

The tournament just doesn't have the same buzz/atmosphere as ABN AMRO has, for some reason.

Public transport is not that bad; I take the train to Den Bosch and from there the bus, that's the same amount of change overs for me as it is to get to Ahoy (train to The Hague and then the metro to Rotterdam).

Of course I travel for free as a student so I have no complaints.
It depends on where you live, obviously. Rosmalen takes me about 3 hours to get to; Rotterdam about an hour ;)

I've always found that Rotterdam has pretty much no atmosphere though, so I much preferred Rosmalen. Maybe something has changed in the last few years.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It depends on where you live, obviously. Rosmalen takes me about 3 hours to get to; Rotterdam about an hour ;)

I've always found that Rotterdam has pretty much no atmosphere though, so I much preferred Rosmalen. Maybe something has changed in the last few years.
Yeah you lived near Naaldwijk right?
I live near Haarlem, so Rosmalen is a (for Dutch standards) long journey for me as well.

Yeah a lot has changed. I've been to the tournament in 09, 12 and 13. The difference between 09 and 12 was gigantic. Topshelf as a sponsor may have saved the tournament but it feels very commercial now (more so than with Ordina).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: 's-Hertogenbosch Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 1, 2015)

Still I love the small tournament, it's nice and relaxing after the craziness of Paris. :) I hope it won't get too crowded, it's cool that you can now easily talk to people if you want.

It's very commercial with the big shopping area, but you can ignore that, and just sit at the courts? Hopefully the restaurant will be back this year, where you can sit and hide from the rain if there's rain. :)

·
MONSOON season.
81,402 Posts

Yeah you lived near Naaldwijk right?
I live near Haarlem, so Rosmalen is a (for Dutch standards) long journey for me as well.

Yeah a lot has changed. I've been to the tournament in 09, 12 and 13. The difference between 09 and 12 was gigantic. Topshelf as a sponsor may have saved the tournament but it feels very commercial now (more so than with Ordina).
It was best as the Heineken Trophy :p

I don't even know what Topshelf as a company is :lol: I had to look it up and was quite surprised they can afford to sponsor the tournament :eek:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Two tickets for sale

I can't go on monday 8th of june so I have to tickets for sale on this day.
If anybody is interested, please let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts