Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I will go with my parents on a trip there, but i'll have to go to the tennis alone ... so I was wondering is anyone else coming? :D

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
I am going for sure :bounce:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tournament info required

As this will be my first visit to Monte Carlo Masters I was wondering what the weather is likely to be compared to previous years. Also what can you do if there's a rain delay :(. With regards to food, should I bring my own or buy something there or is it too expensive?

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Re: Tournament info required

As this will be my first visit to Monte Carlo Masters I was wondering what the weather is likely to be compared to previous years. Also what can you do if there's a rain delay :(. With regards to food, should I bring my own or buy something there or is it too expensive?
Hi Graeme :wavey: In my experience, Monte Carlo is always colder than you think it's going to be. Even when the sun is shining, there's always a brisk breeze coming off the sea, and in the evening matches, it can get quite chilly. I've often worn gloves there in the evenings before now :eek: and you definately need a fleece jacket or thick sweater.

There used to be one court with a retractable roof, that could be closed so that there is always one match going on in case of rain delays. As far as I know that will still remain this year, though it gets very packed as everyone is trying to push their way in there :lol:

I always take my own food, because I'm vegetarian and they seldom sell any sandwiches or rolls that I can eat - but the prices aren't that expensive. I advise you to take your own water though, as they charge the earth for very small bottles there.

Have fun - it's a beautiful place and a fantastic tournament :)

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I'm selling some of my tickets for MS Monte-Carlo

:wavey:

Unfortunately, I have to cancell a part of my trip to the MS Monte-Carlo, and I will be there only for the week-end.

I sell my tickets for the other days.

Here are the tickets I can sell :

Monday : Court des Princes, price 19 €
Wednesday : Court des Princes, price 26 €
Thursday : Court des Princes, price 27 €

If you are seriously interested, please send me a private message.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
15 Posts

Bring yours, the prices are expensive, too expensive :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am going for the whole week as I did the last year. Fantastic place, fantastic tournament.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Last year it was quite cold in the beginning of the week (10-12 degrees with a strong wind) and then it was rather hot - up to 25-27 degrees! So you need to be ready for any eventuality.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Travel from Nice--Masters Series Monte-Carlo

Hi
Who will be staying in Nice for the Masters Series Monte-Carlo?, or any tennis buses on for the masters?

Do they have weekly train tickets you can buy for the week of the tennis?

Thaksnk
Míchéal

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just a reminder for those that go the tournament, but will be staying in Nice. If you go to Monaco by train the nearest station to the courts is the one next after Monaco gare (but make sure that the train stops on that station).

·
Registered
5,812 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The exact name is : Monte-Carlo Country Club :)
Tout à fait. :)

Just checked the weather forecast for the coming week. It's raining in Monaco on Sunday and Monday. From Tuesday on apparently the weather will start to improve. Over to you fellow tennis fans. :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Im going from the 3rd round to finals. CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! Sorry im SOOOO EXCITED! I havent been sleeping well for a month. My first time to MC open. Went to madrid in 05. Oh its gonna be wonderful.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I'm going starting from Tuesday on.

Thanks for the tip about the jacket/fleece. I would not have thought that would be the case.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I'm going starting from Tuesday on.

Thanks for the tip about the jacket/fleece. I would not have thought that would be the case.
Bloody hell it is. It can be pretty cold out there, especially in the evenings!

Have fun out there folks. I'm jealous. :angel:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts