1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Pospisil

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Not a massive breakthrough, but I feel convinced that Emil Ruusuvuori will enter the top-50 next year. The challenger tour is starting to become easy for him. In mid June he won his first challenger, since then he has been in one final and won an additional three. Before June he has nothing to defend. This means that if he put in a roughly equivalent first 6 months of the 2020 as his last 5 of he will be very close to the top 50. When he gets into the top 100 there will be a balance between vulturing to stay inside the top 100 or risk going to the atp-250s more regularly.

I'm excited for him. He will never be a slam champion I think but he definitely has top-10 potential with his killer forehand

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Big breakthrough will be winning a grand slam for the first time, not just making to the semifinal or final of a grand slam.

Thiem, Tsitsipas, or Medvedev, one or more of these three may have a breakthrough, if that happens.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I agree Pospisil has been in excellent form. Could see him heading back to the top 50 in 2020. but needs to stay fit, and that's no guarantee.

Mikael Ymer looks as if he's ready to make his mark on the main tour now.

Soonwoo Kwon might break through properly in 2020. This year was great for him, reached a career-high 80, and has wins over Pouille, Gasquet, and Millman under his belt too. One of the more exciting youngsters for me when on form, needs to be more consistent though.

I think Sinner is obvious.. Shapo and AA can do something too. de minaur is due a decent slam run.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
From the non-obvious ones Thiago Seyboth Wild and Botic van de Zandschulp. Not only their game is Top100, but both have goat surnames.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Almost forgot. Jack Draper. Expect his ranking to skyrocket toward the top 100

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not a massive breakthrough, but I feel convinced that Emil Ruusuvuori will enter the top-50 next year. The challenger tour is starting to become easy for him. In mid June he won his first challenger, since then he has been in one final and won an additional three. Before June he has nothing to defend. This means that if he put in a roughly equivalent first 6 months of the 2020 as his last 5 of he will be very close to the top 50. When he gets into the top 100 there will be a balance between vulturing to stay inside the top 100 or risk going to the atp-250s more regularly.

I'm excited for him. He will never be a slam champion I think but he definitely has top-10 potential with his killer forehand
Yes, Emil Ruusuvuori it is.
Not only because of his forehand but also mental toughness and a clever gameplan. And the game without any weakness. Top10 material for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts