Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 27 61.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer is arguably the best indoor hard court player ever, but Novak could easily be a close second.

Now who knows, maybe Federer dodges Nadal and somehow ends up in the final. And as we all know 2013erer was able to make WTF's SF, even if he lost to Nadal.

Now he is 2x better and could have arguably won that Wimbledon Final.

Now let's put the situation like this.

Novak Djokovic will defend his number One ranking if he wins the final, but Federer will jump up to number one if he wins the final.

Assume both player are in good form.

Who would win?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Djokovic would be favorite, but Fed will have his chances.

Fed in 2 if he plays really well, otherwise Djoker in 3.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nole in 2. Even though federer is playing better than last year he's still not back to his 2012 or 2011 level. For the most part federer would need to serve out of his mind and hope nole level drops. Eg dubai and wimbledon

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
If Federer rediscovers his FH, he can win.
Yeah that was the main problem for Federer in F at Wimbeldon. He needed more matches on clay before Wimbeldon and maybe that could help him to find his FH.But in 4th set when he saw he is in big trouble he found his FH somehow. I am sure Federer knows that. He is way better than Djokovic on the net and most important he is fit and healthy. This match was very very close and anyone could be winner.

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poll is 4-6.

??

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
50-50

·
Registered
279 Posts
Novak is 4 -3 in the H2H against Fedal, 2 - 2 against Rafa and 2 - 1 against Fedex. He is 1 - 0 against Rafa in the finals and the same against FedEx. If Novak is on his "A" game he can beat both comfortably although less with FedEx as Roger is the greatest Indoor player though Novak is catching up in Indoor titles.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Novak is 4 -3 in the H2H against Fedal, 2 - 2 against Rafa and 2 - 1 against Fedex. He is 1 - 0 against Rafa in the finals and the same against FedEx. If Novak is on his "A" game he can beat both comfortably although less with FedEx as Roger is the greatest Indoor player though Novak is catching up in Indoor titles.

If Federer plays his AAA+ game Djokovic has no chance.Let see how Djokovic is going to play as father ?! Do not you think that Djokovic at 27 needed 5 sets and 4 hours to beat Federer at 33 who has twice more matches in his legs than Djokovic has?

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I don't see how it will be 50/50. Djokovic is obviously the better player as of now, of course Federer will have his chances because he is Federer but 50/50? I don't think so. Djokovic would be the favourite and I'll go with him, if a match like that happens.
Better really ? I think they are even. Federer was with Nole toe to toe for four hours.In IW was the same . You need to be really blind if you can not see that Federer had no BH during whole Wimbeldon and still he made Novak to play 5sets. I can recall Djokovic had even more problems in 2010 when he changed his racquet. We saw that Djokovic is not as he was in 2011.If someone who does not know who are Federer and Djokovic and watched this F match he/she would not say they have a gap of 6years .:)

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For some reason I can really see this situation panning out and Federer winning it, don't ask me why....

I just know Federer is going to start peaking around HC season and show the world that he still has it.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Enough talk about Halle champion Federer... More focus on French Open and US open champion Nadal and Wimbledon champion Djokovic.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Ah look!...a "who will win Roger" thread.
USO coming up and what happened to living in the moment?
Sadly, Buddhists cannot be found on MTF. LMAO

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
3 sets either player with the edge to djokovic. He's a bit too consistent IMO for Fed to handle. Feds ground strokes in either wing will break down at one point. Either that he has his typical 3rd set slump by being physically outplayed.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Crocodiles hibernate inside

Lack of moisture means hair flickers don't need to cry for roofs

Tennis won't win though

It doesn't consider guilty by association

1 - 20 of 25 Posts