Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Would Retire First:Roger Federer Or David Ferrer?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • David Ferrer

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Same Time

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Would Retire First:Roger Federer Or David Ferrer?Both Have 32 Years Old!Hum................:scratch:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Federer. Ferrer doesn't mind being a 2nd tier played as he was before 2007. I see him playing into late 30's in MM events or even challengers.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Federer. Ferrer doesn't mind being a 2nd tier played as he was before 2007. I see him playing into late 30's in MM events or even challengers.
True, although Challengers is pushing it a bit too far :p

Still, I have the feeling they will retire at roughly the same time. Federer 2016 Olympics and Ferrer 2016 Valencia.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Probably the same time, but I hope Ferrer, so I can see more Federer

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Rafael Nadal
I am proud of your comprehension skills.

I can't say for sure on who would retire first. But Roger in 2016 and Ferrer in 2016 would be ideal I believe. Ferrer may play beyond that too.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Ferrer grinding in the 20-40's of the rankings in his mid thirties seems very fitting imo, not an insult. Can't see Federer being motivated once he feels he can't win slams.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This exactly. Plus nobody will ever talk about Ferrer one he's out of the Top 10 so he wil not have the media urging him to retire. On the other hand the pressure on Fed will be unbearable as soon as he fails to qualify for WTF. Not sure he will play that long though, we can't know what's in the back of his mind, he may want something else. I agree with Cloren about the Valencia 2017, that was actually my pick in a "retirement guess" topic last off-season.

EDIT : voted for Federer, since he's not likely to be a relevant player beyond that. I think he will not be in 2015 WTF, and hopefuly he will announce 2016 as his last year so that media don't bring up the "R" question every week.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Ferrer for sure. Federer enjoys playing, it's a job for Ferrer. Ferrer was talking about retirement when at a career high rank :lol:
That's BS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts