Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Federer

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was done last year I think but under different circumstances (rafa was #1 at the time)

Djokovic

Pros:

1. Nadal can hang onto a glimmer of hope that he might still have a chance at reaching Federer's 17.

2. All this GOAT hype will die down after Federer's cakewalk draw comes to an abrupt end.

Cons:

1. Djokovic moves to 9 Slam's at the ripe young age of 28 and looking at the competition (Gasquet :facepalm:) you'd have to put him favorite
for the next 2 years meaning his slam count could really start to get close to Nadal's especially if he never wins another
slam, couple that with week's at #1, H2H, and a possible gold medal and RG people could start thinking Djokovic is better then Nadal.

Federer

Pros:

1. Djokovic is apparently useless and will never have another multi-slam year, so his Grand Slam count will never reach Nadal's even if Nadal
never wins another.

Cons:

1. Nadal although unlikely as it is after this year will never match roger's GS tally, 17 is still doable(and that's being generous), 18 is not. Federer get's to 18 McEnroe
at the rest of the world declare Federer GOAT end of story.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Bald is done.

·
Registered
704 Posts
What Rafa currently thinks on this is irrelevant, all he should be worried about is bettering himself because without that he wont win another slam, never mind thinking about Roger's total.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
What Rafa currently thinks on this is irrelevant, all he should be worried about is bettering himself because without that he wont win another slam, never mind thinking about Roger's total.
Rafa can think all he likes, doesn't change the fact his body is falling apart, though, that isn't anyone else fault but his.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Who cares what Nadal thinks? :shrug:
I was gonna say the same thing ... Nadal has nothing to do with this. Completely irrelevant. I don't give a shit what Nadal thinks. Sorry.

Well, he might be thinking about Monaco's ass or Xisca. Not sure :lol:.

Another stupid thread.

·
Registered
740 Posts
king of clay

nabull

·
Registered
704 Posts
Rafa can think all he likes, doesn't change the fact his body is falling apart, though, that isn't anyone else fault but his.
If that is true and he is done, at least he didn't do that to his body for nothing, he's had a great career, regardless he should be thinking about bettering himself whether he is able to or not.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Dull ranks #10 but any problem cannot be found.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Does it matter? I don't think he would even watch the match. He should (and would) be more concerned about his own level which is barely Top 10 at the moment. He needs to work big time on his serve, he can't ignore it and depend on his ground game as he does not have an edge over the tour there anymore. His confidence and FH consistency are also at an all-time low. In other words, he has a lot of work to do to get back into the Top 5.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
people could start thinking Djokovic is better then Nadal.
And here I thought the ranking system did that.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Honestly I don't think Rafa cares all that much. Probably Federer because that will give him confidence that winning slams post 30 is doable. If Rafa is still winning slams at 33 then 18 slams is not exactly out of reach. That's only 4 slams away.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I don't think Nadal himself really cares much who wins here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts