Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Federer

Votes: 16 24.2%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually at the end of the tournament, I like to take another guess as to who is going to win the title. So now that the semi-finals are set, who do you think is going to emerge as the champ?

So i think it goes novak beats gasquet in 4. Federer with the slight edge over Murray likely in 5. Djokovic to beat Fed in 4 for the title. However if murray beats Federer, I think he will beat djokovic fairly easily in 4.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nole will beat Gasguet.

I think Fed will will beat Murray.

Nole will then beat Fed.

That said, if Murray was to beat Fed I think he'd beat Nole also.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Djokovic will win it again. Gasquet is an easy opponent and either Andy "always loses to Djokovic" Murray or Roger "Old Man" Federer will be no threat over best of five.

Djokovic will probably end up with five Wimbledon titles in total when he's done, not bad for a guy who apparently can't play on grass.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
The problem with Murray is that he has never beaten fresh Djokovic in Slam match.

Don't forget that Djokovic is on a mission by working on Project 18 while Murphy doesn't have any high tennis goals.
The problem with Djokovic is that he is a second-tier.
No-one with his talent level has a chance of getting 18, he is already 28 anyway, so at his extremely dominant pace of 1/4 slams each year, he will be lucky to have 10 by the time he is 30.

The moment he loses his suspicious physical prowess, he's losing in the QF to your average Top 10 player.

Fedal have consistently exposed Djokovic as not being one of them.
They have declined, and so will he.

So I'd be a bit more humble.

·
Registered
749 Posts
No-one with his talent level has a chance of getting 18, he is already 28 anyway, so at his extremely dominant pace of 1/4 slams each year, he will be lucky to have 10 by the time he is 30.

The moment he loses his suspicious physical prowess, he's losing in the QF to your average Top 10 player.

BOOM!

Ouch.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem with Murray is that he has never beaten fresh Djokovic in Slam match.

Don't forget that Djokovic is on a mission by working on Project 18 while Murphy doesn't have any high tennis goals.
Still he beat djokovic in 3 last time they play at wimbledon and one could argue he is playing the best tennis of his life after the clay season. Plus he nearly beat novak on clay, his worst surface.

Nole will beat Gasguet.

I think Fed will will beat Murray.

Nole will then beat Fed.

That said, if Murray was to beat Fed I think he'd beat Nole also.
same thought

meh, djokovic will always have a dominant backhand. He is too technically sound to really lose it.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts

Your post doesn't make any sense:haha:

The post below is packed with truth:bigclap:

He's 27 and we're about the enter the Djokovic era, so much time left, you cannot even imagine how much time it actually is.

I'll give you one example to understand what we're about to enter.

Michael Jordan won his first championship at the age of 28.
And now he's considered far and away the greatest basketball player of all-time. And no one comes even close.

That's what will happen in tennis in the next 5-6 years.
Considering the state of tennis - this is not even a difficult prediction. It's so, so obvious.

Be prepared, bro, be prepared.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The winner of the Murray/Federer semi-final will decide the winner. Djokovic would most likely beat Federer but would probably lose to Murray.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Murray has not lost a set to Djokovic in their two meetings on grass.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
2004-2007 was NOT the weak era. Just because Rogie dominated then and won 11 grand slams during this period, plus made 2 FO finals (so 13 GS finals appearances, plus 2 SFs, plus 1 3rd round) does NOT make it a weak era. Rogie truly is that great. Look he's still #2 in the world at nearly 34 years old. This is the weak era now, although this wouldn't lessen/cheapen Rogie's 87th title, 18th grand slam title, and 8th Wimbledon title. You have Djokovic, Rogie, Mugray, and Wawrinka, that's about it (AO: Djokovic beats Mugray, FO: Wawrinka beats Djokovic, W: TBD, USO: TBD). Still the top 4 guys making all of the grand slam finals. In 2004-2007 look at the variety of grand slam finalists (2004: Rogie/Safin, Gaudio/Coria, Rogie/Roddick, Rogie/Hewitt; 2005: Safin/Hewitt, Rafa/Puertas, Rogie/Roddick, Rogie/Agassi; 2006: Rogie/Baghdatis, Rafa/Rogie, Rogie/Rafa, and Rogie/Roddick; and 2007: Rogie/Gonzalez, Rafa/Rogie, Rogie/Rafa, and Rogie/Djokovic). A total of 6 different finalists in 2004, 7 different finalists in 2005, 4 different finalists in 2006, and 4 different finalists in 2007. Every AO was like Rogie vs. a new opponent and the USO too. 2015 has had only 3 different finalists so far... Djokovic, Mugray, and Wawrinka.

·
Registered
536 Posts
2004-2007 was NOT the weak era. Just because Rogie dominated then and won 11 grand slams during this period, plus made 2 FO finals (so 13 GS finals appearances, plus 2 SFs, plus 1 3rd round) does NOT make it a weak era. Rogie truly is that great. Look he's still #2 in the world at nearly 34 years old. This is the weak era now, although this wouldn't lessen/cheapen Rogie's 87th title, 18th grand slam title, and 8th Wimbledon title. You have Djokovic, Rogie, Mugray, and Wawrinka, that's about it (AO: Djokovic beats Mugray, FO: Wawrinka beats Djokovic, W: TBD, USO: TBD). Still the top 4 guys making all of the grand slam finals. In 2004-2007 look at the variety of grand slam finalists (2004: Rogie/Safin, Gaudio/Coria, Rogie/Roddick, Rogie/Hewitt; 2005: Safin/Hewitt, Rafa/Puertas, Rogie/Roddick, Rogie/Agassi; 2006: Rogie/Baghdatis, Rafa/Rogie, Rogie/Rafa, and Rogie/Roddick; and 2007: Rogie/Gonzalez, Rafa/Rogie, Rogie/Rafa, and Rogie/Djokovic). A total of 6 different finalists in 2004, 7 different finalists in 2005, 4 different finalists in 2006, and 4 different finalists in 2007. Every AO was like Rogie vs. a new opponent and the USO too. 2015 has had only 3 different finalists so far... Djokovic, Mugray, and Wawrinka.
:spit::spit::spit::spit:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
meh, djokovic will always have a dominant backhand. He is too technically sound to really lose it.
His BH, and more generally his whole game, relies on his footwork, which will inevitably decline. It's just a matter of time. As soon as he loses a half-step, he's done.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Who does Djokovic have? A guy who's 2-6 in grand slam finals (Mugray), a guy who suddenly decided to peak at like 28 and won't be around and on top too much longer(Wawrinka), a 29-year-old in rapid decline (Rafa)? Rogie at nearly 34 is still managing to be #2 when he's years past his peak and prime. There just isn't anyone major to challenge Djokovic right now. The 1988-1993 class of tennis players is really weak (except for 2009 USO Del Potro and 2014 USO Cilic). It's the same guys making the grand slam semi-finals and finals all of the time. Back in 2004-2008 (for that matter yes 2008), you had different guys in the AO finals often (2004-2007 already listed plus Djokovic/Tsonga in 2008), FO finals was more predictable (also 2008 Rafa/Rogie), Wimbledon 2008 Rafa/Rogie, and 2008 USO was Rogie/Mugray. 2004-2008 Rogie played 5 different guys in the finals, you always had the new finals opponent for Rogie, like in the AO. It was more exciting to see who would make the SF and F. Now you know the top 3 or 4 will make the SF (Wawrinka nearly made it all 4 today), it's not as exciting in that sense. With the women you get different SFists (other than Serena and usually Sharapova), it's a mystery who'll make the SF in the WTA.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
His BH, and more generally his whole game, relies on his footwork, which will inevitably decline. It's just a matter of time. As soon as he loses a half-step, he's done.
I think he already has lost half a step though. His game is different than it was in 2011 and before. more pushing now, more coming into the net, better serving, better endurance

1 - 20 of 31 Posts