Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win US OPEN 2020?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Thiem have all chances now as Med is slight injured obviously.

Zverev can't beat Thiem now 100%.

Busta is just not real competitor for Dominator.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have no idea, and I love it. I'm hoping we'll look back at the USO 2020 as the tournament that the changing of the guard began in earnest. I realize the Big 3 isn't there. I feel like the tour isn't going to be the same after this. Change is in the air. PLEASE! I'm so over Federer and Nadal

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Meddy Will Win

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
It’s funny how Nadal fans aren’t calling it asterisked despite their guy not playing, nor Federer fans. It says a lot imo.
Is this a joke? Before Novak got unfairly disqualified, they were saying it was asterisked. Once Novak got disqualified, that talk stopped. And yes, any time the overwhelming favorite gets disqualified for doing nothing wrong, the slam is asterisked.

But I'm not complaining. Because this gives Novak time to be ready to win FO. In the end, Novak exchanged a USO for a FO.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Is this a joke? Before Novak got unfairly disqualified, they were saying it was asterisked. Once Novak got disqualified, that talk stopped. And yes, any time the overwhelming favorite gets disqualified for doing nothing wrong, the slam is asterisked.

But I'm not complaining. Because this gives Novak time to be ready to win FO. In the end, Novak exchanged a USO for a FO.
Defaultovic was getting destroyed by Busta in his match. It was PCB's game which mentally crushed Nole. The victory was thus far more convincing than your standard triple bagle. The Covid slams are worth far more than a normal slam as thy require far more mentally of the players. Unfortunately Novak was found wanting against his nemesis PCB. It's sad, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Incredibly hard to pick between Medvedev and Thiem. I really don't know. I'm giving a tiny edge to Medvedev, just because he seems to be a bit more consistent with fewer lapses in concentration.

Very excited to watch that SF.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

I am looking forward to hearing about which injustice causes him to lose at RG.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Am I supposed to take your post seriously or something?
You can do with it what you want. The truth can hurt - my intention is not to hurt you with the truth but to educate you and DjokoKing. Remain oblivious to the truth if it helps you recover and process the defeat mate.

·
justice for all
17,944 Posts

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Who cares? It has a giant asterisk over it.
Shall we agree now tgat we all know that that's your opinion by now. Saves you repeating yourself in every thread.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I'd give Zverev, Medvedev and Thiem each about 30% at this point, IMO PCB is a favorable matchup for Zverev (though one match isn't much to go by), Zverev has about 70% of a chance to make the final. Thiem-Medvedev is 50-50, and the winner would be a 60-40 favorite against Zverev and big favorite against PCB. By playing level so far, Thiem and Medvedev are obviously superior to Zverev, but there is the H2H factor with Medvedev and the big final performance factor for Thiem, not to metion potential fatigue.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

Bro, I think you should go and see a shrink. To ease the pain from Nole disqualification, your brain decided that your favourite player had already won RG in exchange. Remember, RG is the least GS favourite tournament of Djokovic, Nadal has only prepared for it and is the King in Paris and there will be a lot of other complicated opponents (Thiem, Rublev, Medvedev, and guys coming back like Wawrinka too). Things ain't always the way you decide. It will be funny to read your explanation if Nole does not win in RG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts