• Other

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Novak won today he will be feeling confident again so maybe he'll go 2011 Novak again. This was Rogers last chance so cant see him ever doing anything at slam level again. Who do you think will win the US open.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
It will be one of those 6 guys for sure, but wait till the bracket comes out first. A lot of match-up issues to consider.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
If you asked me this last year I would have said Del Potro.

But now I can't see past Nole being in the final. I think we will have another Rafole final.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Djokovic. Though I think Roger is going to do better than he's done the last few years.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
This is now Novak thing, both USO and AO, no one can stop him if he plays like this, no one.

Today Novak defeated Chokovic, he will claim back his title of Hard Court King.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Djokovic or Nadal for me but I have to wait for the bracket. Anything can happen. A couple things to note:

Federer would rather avoid Nadal (no different than running into an impenetrable wall)

Wawrinka would rather avoid Federer (Fed just knows how to play him)

Tsonga would rather avoid Djokovic. (Seems like Djokovic has got him finally figured out)

There are just some kind of players that are bad match-ups for others.

This is going to be one element to consider in the difficulty of the runs.

Murray will do fine if he gets the likes of Raonic, Verdasco, Cilic, Tsonga and the like. He has his chances against Federer but it would be best to avoid Nadal, and it remains to be seen how he'd do against this current Djokovic but I doubt he'd trouble him this time around.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
USO will go to Wawrinka.

AO next year to Djokovic.

Wimbledon next year to Murray.

RG won't go to Nadal or Djokovic.

USO will see a new slam winner.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
This is now Novak thing, both USO and AO, no one can stop him if he plays like this, no one.

Today Novak defeated Chokovic, he will claim back his title of Hard Court King.
:superlol: only because mental titan Federer was there.. Nadal today would have put Djokovic out of his choking misery..and would have probably ended Djokovic's career on the spot on the way to extracting what is easily a choke for ages in Slam Final, up there with Coria vs. Gaudio RG'04..But Federer is an equally horrendous 5th set contester whose record in them is shameful for his pedigree as a player..

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yeah, like he ended Chokovic in AO 12.

Anyway, good luck beating him at the USO this year, really, best of luck.

·
23,064 Posts
It would be Fed. See the pattern, as those who lost the Slam Final wins the next this year. :p

Code:
AO            RG         Wimbledon     USO     
Wawrinka def. Nadal def. Djokovic def. Federer def. Wawrinka

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Murray. People are beginning to write him off now so hopefully he goes in to the USO feeling as if he has a point to prove.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Prior to AHC season starting its difficult to predict how everyone will perform. But I would say Nadal is the favourite with Novak a close second. Murray Wawrinka Federer in chasing group. Murray and Wawa need to show some form in Canada and or Cincy to have a real shot though.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts