Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win the Claycourt Classic from Houston. Roitman or Isner?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the draw from Houston and this match looks to have good comedy potential at worst and a clay court classic at best.

Roitman and Isner, will Roitman be able to bring his escopeta and shoot down Isner. Roitman stands a 1km behind the baseline to return serve from Volandri. So he will be standing in Mexico trying to return Isner's serve.

The Isner groundies on clay will be interesting to see, and the movement. Will he be like a gazelle or a giraffe on ice skates.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Heh, should be funny. For some other possibly comedic matchups I like Massu-Querrey and Ginepri-Sela.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Querrey is a chance against Massu. Sela is no clay genius, but he should get the W against Ginepri.

·
Registered
18,178 Posts
Massú fought more than 3 hours against Niemeyer on clay and with even 4500 chileans supporting him. So it would be not strange stuff to lose against Querrey.

Isner on clay? How he will react after a dropshot from the opponent? probably he won't even move to reach one.

I hope Roitman to win this, but you never know :shrug:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Roitman stands a 1km behind the baseline to return serve from Volandri. So he will be standing in Mexico trying to return Isner's serve.
:lol:

Should be a funny one. An early indication of RG success, I fully expect these two in the final in Paris.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be funny if Isner get some of the kickers going, though River Oaks is meant to be very slow. Lucky Roitman is a tall guy, because Isner would be kicking them over Sela's head.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Pure comedy classic I bet. Wish I could watch it on tv ;)

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Roitman should win it; Isner fails even on hardcourt these days. I'd be surprised at other results.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
green or red clay this year??? green clay is a joke of a surface :eek:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
River Oaks is red clay and very slow.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Roitman should clinch it.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Isner is going to get the win.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Roitman should win here but it will be hilarious. Sela-Ginepri is also very interesting, it is fair to say that Bilbo's granny on the wheelchair should be considered a favourite against Ginepri on clay.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just saw the draw from Houston and this match looks to have good comedy potential at worst and a clay court classic at best.

Roitman and Isner, will Roitman be able to bring his escopeta and shoot down Isner. Roitman stands a 1km behind the baseline to return serve from Volandri. So he will be standing in Mexico trying to return Isner's serve.

The Isner groundies on clay will be interesting to see, and the movement. Will he be like a gazelle or a giraffe on ice skates.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to see the answer Result is irrelevant, it's all about the comedy was the winning option.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Sela-Ginepri is also very interesting, it is fair to say that Bilbo's granny on the wheelchair should be considered a favourite against Ginepri on clay.
:smoke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts