Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I would say Roddick, but right now i'm not sure.What do you think?
I hope Roddick will win:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't realize Roddick would play Gonzalez Wednesday. I thought Roddick would play Federer next. This is actually good for Roddick b/c he can go in with a win and try to take the momentum away from Gonzalez. This will definitely be a test of Gonzalez' consistency. It's easy to have a slipup after a major upset. If Roddick can beat Gonzalez even in 3 sets, he will be assured a place in the SF. The match with Federer won't really matter, then. He would play to shut Roger out of the semis. If he can take Roger to 3 sets, then he very well could keep Roger from qualifying.

Btw, Roddick leads Gonzalez 6-3 overall, but they are 3-3 on Hard. Gonzalez won their previous meeting in a close one 6-4 3-6 7-6(5). It could go either way.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
it depends , if Roddick will come up with Big serves he has a shot also his forehand is much better than year ago but Gozno could play two ways
- totally flat after such a huge win and over confident
- 100% confident that he can beat anyone and focused but I don't think he will be like that I don't see him focused after such a win, when he made AO final he was totally out of tune

I would say Roddick 6-4 7-6 or 6-4 4-6 6-3

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Gonz will win. Even I don't like he win. But, Andy is not playing his best tennis.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
If Gonzo can keep up today's level of playing, I'd say ALL his opponents should be very, very afraid...

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
If Gonzo can keep up today's level of playing, I'd say ALL his opponents should be very, very afraid...
I don't know if Andy wins , but he is in better position than other players against Gozno , he can be owned from baseline , but he has that monster serve and if he serves his best it could be enough ,60%+ in and it will be come down to few points and Gozno isn't strongest mentally and Roddick was awesome in TBs in 2007 he has huge record of aboive 70% of won if not more, Roddick is in comfortable situation if his volleys works and forehand will be clicking Roddick can win in straights 7-6 7-6 Gozno isn't returning Andy's serves well and with That TB confidence of Andy it really good go in Andy's favour

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Hard to predict... you never know with Feña :eek:

I hope he wins this match

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Are you sure about Rod vs Fena on wednesday ?I think their match is schedulled on friday.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Gonzo in 3

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Gonzo in 2. I'm already conceding Gonzo to the Semis, so I want Duck to lose in straights and have 3 set losses. Then Fed can beat Roddick and Fixer in straights:

Fena 3-0, 6-1
Federer 2-1, 5-2
Duck, 1-2, 2-5
Fixer, 0-3, 1-6

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
Lets see if Fena can keep it up and not have a let down after his huge win over Federer. If, and that's a big if, Gonzalez can continue to play at the level he did against Federer, then I see him winning in straight sets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts