Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bran Starks - :hatoff:

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going through GOT thread and since there are so many fans here I though the poll is in order. Who do you thing will win it when all is said and done and sit on the Iron Throne?

So please discus and vote who will be the:
"First of His/Her Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm"

Please no spoilers from the books for the people who didn't read them.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Where's the poll chico?

Anyway the series have almost caught up with the books, so there won't be too much spoilering about WWW.
I think it's pretty clear Daenerys will win the Calendar Year Grand Slam in any case. :shrug:

I support Stannis and whichever side Arya is on.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The poll is up.

And it is Stark not Starks :eek: Had to mess up some of the names :(

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
It's probably going to be Daenerys, which will be boring. Rooting for Stannis in 5.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Is this show good?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Is this show good?
no, go read the books, and hope GRRM can publish the last two.

Daenerys and you-know-who to win the Mixed Doubles in 4, Stannis to fall like a hero :sad: (and hopefully Shireen to survive, unlikely as it looks) the North to become an independent state under Sansa, Arya to become no-one as she seems to want, the Lannisters to be mostly ruined.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Littlefinger to vulture the title.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Littlefinger is the most cunning, but jon snow is the rightful heir to the iron throne...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqzFwodZqQ&spfreload=10
Yes I know R+L=J theory and they dropped some major hints about it this season already. Still does not make him the rightful hair and he made his wow:

Night's Watch said:
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”
;)

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Littlefinger to vulture the title.
What he is trying to do is the opposite of vulturing. It would be like a qualifier winning Wimbledon.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
SPOLIER ALERT TO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS OR HEARD THE POPULAR THEORIES

I love the theory where The Others come back because humans brought back magic to the world (Daenerys's dragons) and they need to reforge their alliance with men by Jon Snow marrying a member of the Others.
In this scenario, of course, Daenerys, her nephew and her dragons have to die, so it will be the end of the Targaryens. Jon Snow doesn't really win but the Starks will survive with Rickon as the head of the family. I believe Tyrion will be the head of the Lannister while Jaime and Cersei die in the process. Stannis might actually become the king in this scenario unless Tommen stays.

So you decide who wins in this scenario. :lol:

It's the coolest I've heard though. Of course, in this scenario aswell, Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and he's what the Red priestess calls "The Choosen One" because his marriage will save humanity.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
What he is trying to do is the opposite of vulturing. It would be like a qualifier winning Wimbledon.
I meant weaponless player who will let the draw open up for him (except that in this case it's not a lucky draw or weak field but he makes the draw).

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
SPOLIER ALERT TO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS OR HEARD THE POPULAR THEORIES

I love the theory where The Others come back because humans brought back magic to the world (Daenerys's dragons) and they need to reforge their alliance with men by Jon Snow marrying a member of the Others.

(...)
The timeline is off for this theory to be true. The awakening of the dragons was quite a bit later than the appearance of the Others (seen by the NW deserter who was executed by Ned Stark). It could also be argued that the dragons could only be wakened because the magic returned to the world, otherwise Daenerys would have been in for an unpleasant surprise at the funeral.

Faegon isn't a Targ, but he will die anyway, he must be quite unimportant in the long run to be left out of the TV series. :confused: Cersei is a done deal, as is Jaime probably; I'm on the fence about Tyrion, likely will survive. Arya storyline will very likely combine with Daenerys, I believe she might take the face of Misandei who has around the same age, can't be a coincidence. Stannis won't survive, he is in the way of the younger generation storyline-wise.

Jon and Daenerys will meet for sure, hopefully won't be a sappy lovestory and a joint reign, but both their storylines point to future leadership. This is where the story will fail or succeed.

I am puzzled about the Sansa storyline in the TV series, seems to indicate she will go North next in the books too.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Healthy Stannis is still undefeated, disgusting Lannister fluked their win with that green burning shit. But then he disembowled strong era leader Mance Ryder like a chicken. Next time the one true king of Westeros, father of the year, Stannis the Mannis of the House of fucking Baratheon, will conquer King's landing!!! And one minute later White walkers will **** them all.

I wouldn't mind Tyrion winning too, he'd be the best king alongside Stannis. Baelish winning from his starting position would be insane, something like Tiafoe winning RG this year. Daenerys can't even finish Meereen, she has no chance against all the intriques in King's Landing. Tommen is like Dimitrov/Nishikori/Raonic generation, truly weak era. But maybe we'll have a new GOAT according the long lasting theory.

When you read about the history this game looks like a weak era though, only strong era players could be imp and Mannis..

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
The timeline is off for this theory to be true. The awakening of the dragons was quite a bit later than the appearance of the Others (seen by the NW deserter who was executed by Ned Stark). It could also be argued that the dragons could only be wakened because the magic returned to the world, otherwise Daenerys would have been in for an unpleasant surprise at the funeral.

Faegon isn't a Targ, but he will die anyway, he must be quite unimportant in the long run to be left out of the TV series. :confused: Cersei is a done deal, as is Jaime probably; I'm on the fence about Tyrion, likely will survive. Arya storyline will very likely combine with Daenerys, I believe she might take the face of Misandei who has around the same age, can't be a coincidence. Stannis won't survive, he is in the way of the younger generation storyline-wise.

Jon and Daenerys will meet for sure, hopefully won't be a sappy lovestory and a joint reign, but both their storylines point to future leadership. This is where the story will fail or succeed.

I am puzzled about the Sansa storyline in the TV series, seems to indicate she will go North next in the books too.
Yeah, you're right. Definitely has its flaws. Maybe they'll make two season before they get into the topic of the 6th book though. I hate how they killed Barristan and Jojen in the series while they're alive in the books. :eek:

I'm also hoping Aegon will be introduced sooner or later, can't believe they left him out. Also, Euron Greyjoy who plays a big role but he's not mentioned nor Victarion

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Healthy Stannis is still undefeated, disgusting Lannister fluked their win with that green burning shit. But then he disembowled strong era leader Mance Ryder like a chicken. Next time the one true king of Westeros, father of the year, Stannis the Mannis of the House of fucking Baratheon, will conquer King's landing!!! And one minute later White walkers will **** them all.

I wouldn't mind Tyrion winning too, he'd be the best king alongside Stannis. Baelish winning from his starting position would be insane, something like Tiafoe winning RG this year. Daenerys can't even finish Meereen, she has no chance against all the intriques in King's Landing. Tommen is like Dimitrov/Nishikori/Raonic generation, truly weak era. But maybe we'll have a new GOAT according the long lasting theory.

When you read about the history this game looks like a weak era though, only strong era players could be imp and Mannis..
:D

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
I hope Stannis wins in both the series and the books, though I doubt he will. He should do fairly well though and last a while.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts