Mens Tennis Forums banner

which one?

• Nishikori

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Raonic

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Dimitrov

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Neither of them .. Just useless mugs !!

Votes: 11 13.9%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Generation Useless" losing back to back to Isner of all guys :rolleyes:

If ever these guys win a M1000 who will do it first??

I'm going with Nishikori!!

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Nishikori probably would have won one last year if he hadn't had to retire in the Madrid final.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isner of all guys? :lol:

Isner can beat anybody when he's playing like this, those aren't bad losses.
I'd spare Nishikori as Isner is on beast mode today.. But surely Raonic or dimitrov should have done much better to stop this guy before.. Especially raonic.. He's so passive in those TBs !!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Nishikori isn't apart of generation useless. He beat the best player in the world to reach a slam final 6 months ago.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
I'd spare Nishikori as Isner is on beast mode today.. But surely Raonic or dimitrov should have done much better to stop this guy before.. Especially raonic.. He's so passive in those TBs !!
Isner played great against Raonic throughout the entire match and excelled on the clutch points (as he usually does). Maybe you could blame Grigor for allowing himself to get broken twice, but I have no idea how anybody could blame Kei, Milos, or Grigor for actually losing to this Isner this week. He would have beaten anybody.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I'm going with Roanic; he is the most consistent of the bunch and has actually been having some solid M1000 runs lately but has been unlucky playing his worst match-ups in them..

Record at M1000S: # Final/SF/QF reached

Raonic: F (2); SF (3); QF (6)
Nishikori: F (1); SF (4); QF (1)
Dimitrov: F(0); SF (2); QF (1)

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
"Generation Useless" losing back to back to Isner of all guys :rolleyes:

If ever these guys win a M1000 who will do it first??

I'm going with Nishikori!!
Djokovic lost to Isner twice in US Masters events. Isner is a very dangerous player in general (even against Nadal at RG as we saw), but even more so in BO3 format on American soil. Those are not bad losses, but rather unfortunate draws.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,289 Posts
Djokovic lost to Isner twice in US Masters events. Isner is a very dangerous player in general (even against Nadal at RG as we saw), but even more so in BO3 format on American soil. Those are not bad losses, but rather unfortunate draws.
Exactly, Nishikori's loss to Lopez at IW is far worse because Lopez was pushing. Here Isner's serve far too good, and redlined his baseline game with that FH even Djokovic or perhaps even Federer would struggle dearly. Previously Kei was cruising through his opponents which shows a baseline oriented game suits him. He almost lost to a huge serving Querrey too in February.

Moving on, Kei has more chance to match it or beat guys like Djoko towards the end of Masters series than the other too, based on Madrid last yr. He actually had a chance to win.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Based on talent, I'd say Nishikori, based on likelihood, I think Raonic can do it, because he can more consistently reach the QFs, SFs of masters events and usually has a draw that opens up magically. I also think he doesn't let up half as much as Nishikori who just gets wiped out too easily sometimes.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Raonic is bound to servebot his way to a Canada Masters at some point - obviously with cheating, favoured scheduling, playing against Delpo and touching the net after hitting balls over the net.....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It only seems a matter of time until Raonic wins one. I would be shocked if he retired without a M1000 title.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts