Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will surely qualify for the Masters Cup 2005 in Shanghai ??

• Roddick (3rd at the Race)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Hewitt (4th)

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Davydenko (5th)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Coria (6th)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Safin (7th)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Gaudio (8th)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Agassi (9th)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Puerta (10th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferrer (11th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will surely be there in Shanghai at the end of the year ?? I think Roddick, Hewitt and Safin have got the best shot but who knows....

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Re: Who will surely qualify for the Masters Cup ?(Federer and Rafa are already qualified)

Isn't Safin already guaranteed a place because he won the AO?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Who will surely qualify for the Masters Cup ?(Federer and Rafa are already qualified)

Hmmm I don't know I thonk not yet but however there are not a lot of chances for him to finish worse than 20th...so he will be there

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

mangoes said:
Yep, same as Gaudio last year, and anyone who wins the US Open if its not Rafa and Roger I believe also automatically qualify.
I only care if Hewitt qualifies on that list, I think Safin is already there, the rest I dont care because I doubt that Gaudio will make it this year :sad:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

mangoes said:
Yes.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts

This should really be a multiple choice poll.

Roddick, Hewitt and Davydenko will surely be in.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts

Coria is gonna be for sure:yeah:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

well let's say we have a surprise us open winner who ends the year ranked 9th in the race... if marat ends in the 10th place he would be out, right? I think a similar thing happened in 2002 when Costa, Johansson and Sampras were battling for that spot

anyways this is a higly unlikey scenario and I don't even know if I'm right

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

Nacho said:
well let's say we have a surprise us open winner who ends the year ranked 9th in the race... if marat ends in the 10th place he would be out, right? I think a similar thing happened in 2002 when Costa, Johansson and Sampras were battling for that spot

anyways this is a higly unlikey scenario and I don't even know if I'm right
No, Marat even if he ends up 100 has already qualified because he won the AO. People :rolleyes:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

IF you win a GS, and not in top 7. you need to be in top 20 to get the 8th spot. so top 7 and WC is 8th..

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

oneandonlyhsn said:
No, Marat even if he ends up 100 has already qualified because he won the AO. People :rolleyes:
ok then tell me why the 2002 Aus Open and US Open champions (Johansson and Sampras) didn't qualify for the 2002 Masters Cup. Have the rules changed or what? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

RDucky said:
IF you win a GS, and not in top 7. you need to be in top 20 to get the 8th spot. so top 7 and WC is 8th..
thanks, I knew it was somehting like that :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
RDucky said:
correct.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

Nacho said:
ok then tell me why the 2002 Aus Open and US Open champions (Johansson and Sampras) didn't qualify for the 2002 Masters Cup. Have the rules changed or what? :rolleyes:
Costa was the highest ranked, hence he got into the TMC.

Johansson was next ranked as the alternate and Sampras had retired.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

Nacho said:
That was a smartass remark, Safin will not fall below 20, and will qualify for the masters cup, unless he cant play

·
Registered
4,048 Posts

Marat is not automatically qualified, and he is not guaranteed yet.

If someone who hasn't won a slam this year wins the USO, then if this person is ranked higher than Marat at the time the decision is made, and Marat falls out of the top 8 (NOT necessarily top 20), then Marat will not qualify for Shanghai

Only the highest ranked slam winner outside the Top 8 and within the Top 20 gets the free pass

·
Registered
10,093 Posts

with the way hes going lleyton should qualify maybe just after new york

·
Burned-out Safin fan
18,127 Posts

mitalidas said:
Only the highest ranked slam winner outside the Top 8 and within the Top 20 gets the free pass
exactly yes.
So Safin's not yet qualified. It will depend on who wins the US Open, and also on how well he finishes the season (and he'll be out for at least 6 weeks so... :rolleyes: )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts