·
Banned
930 Posts
Roberto Bautista Agut.
He owns Djokovic.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Federer being out is irrelevant. He is Djokovics bunny and has been for 10 years.

Only thing that stops Djokovic winning is boredom and a wish to back home with his son.

500 events are totally irrelevant to Nadal and Djokovic. Essentially practice sessions.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
It will mostly depend on Novak's own form. I hope he wins the title as he needs to secure as much of an advantage over Nadal as possible to retain No.1 position. Last year Novak was in very bad form after AO, as we saw at IW/Miami. I hope he does better this year since he could win a lot of points before the start of the clay season. At that point he has a decent amount to defend all the way until the end of Wimbledon, and of course Nadal will be able to pick up points during the clay season given that he also did not perform his best until Rome last year.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,510 Posts
Federer being out is irrelevant. He is Djokovics bunny and has been for 10 years.

Only thing that stops Djokovic winning is boredom and a wish to back home with his son.

500 events are totally irrelevant to Nadal and Djokovic. Essentially practice sessions.
I essentially agree with this. Who cares really? Even if Tsitsipas wins and gets hyped big time again here, he’s probably losing in the third round at the FO and we are back to square one again.

·
The special one
14,384 Posts
It'll depend on Novak's form and his motivation. That shouldn't be a problem for him because he'll want to extent the gap at the top of the rankings and get as many points as possible before his points drop off from the clay and grass tournaments. I think breaking the record for weeks at no1 this year is Novak's priority right now.

His biggest threats will be Tsitsi and RBA, although Rublev can be dangerous as well and has started 2020 off with a bang winning multiple titles already

·
Banned
234 Posts
I essentially agree with this. Who cares really? Even if Tsitsipas wins and gets hyped big time again here, he’s probably losing in the third round at the FO and we are back to square one again.
Djokovic of he meets Tsitsipas and is fired up will utterly school Tsitispas.

Tsitsipas hugely overrated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The kid he practiced with infront of the building!

In all seriousness I think RBA.

·
Premium Member
9,542 Posts
I am not sure Novak's first motivation for entering Dubai was to win it but to get rid off the rust and avoid such an embarrassing performance like last year at Sunshine Double.
Plus maybe preventing Rafa to regain ATP #1.

Of course, his personal rivalry with Federer could have pushed him into fighting a little bit more in the later stages...

"Now that Rogie is out of Dubai" I guess Dubai is just a preparation week for Djokovic and goal is maybe blatantly to keep ATP#1.

Lots of strength to spare with Sunshine Double and Clay to come and of course Grass Season which could be blissfull for Djokovic with Federer recovering and disminished....

Then maybe Olympics, if they are not cancelled because of co vid 19 and USO, such a long season.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts