Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to you who has the best possibility to reach the final against Federer in US Open 2007? Assuming that Federer will be in the final considering the performances he showed in last three years. I have two candidates: Rafa and Djokovic. Also I want to see a match between Djokovic and Federer. According to me Djokovic is the second mentally toughest player on the tour after Rafa after I saw his matches against Hewitt and Baghdatis and especially the tie-breaks he played this Wimbledon showed that he is a winner. After last defeat to Federer in Dubai this year he stepped up very much beginning from Indian Wells and especially Miami Masters. I think he will not be like Roddick or Hewitt against Federer. According to me Federer will have very hard time against him the next time they meet. What do you think?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
According to you who has the best possibility to reach the final against Federer in US Open 2007? Assuming that Federer will be in the final considering the performances in last three years. I have two candidates: Rafa and Djokovic. Also I want to see a match between Djokovic and Federer. According to me Djokovic is the second mentally toughest player after Rafa after I saw his matches against Hewitt and Baghdatis especially and especially the tie-breaks. He showed that he is a winner. After last defeat to Federer in Dubai this year he stepped up very much beginning from Indian Wells and especially Miami Masters. I think he will not be like Roddick or Hewitt against Federer. According to me Federer will have very hard time against him the next time they meet. What do you think?
You can never count on Fed being in the final and you can never count out Roddick in the final.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I honestly believe Djokovic is due a final...

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
It depends on the draw that Uncle Toni makes (or does he not have that influence on this side of the Atlantic ;) ).

Seriously, can we see at least one hard court tournament before this type of thread?

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Djokovic or perhaps Gasquet.

I don't want to underestimate Rafa's resolve again, but I feel he'll have a bit of a letdown. The balls are very heavy at the US Open - big serves and flat strokes rule. I have always been adamant that Nadal is significantly better on grass than fast hardcourts.

Nadal's big breakthrough must come at the 08 Aussie. I think he may absolutely destroy the opposition there and from then on perhaps have one of the more dominating years in tennis history. But, again, he needs to execute that and stay healthy.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
According to you who has the best possibility to reach the final against Federer in US Open 2007? Assuming that Federer will be in the final considering the performances he showed in last three years. I have two candidates: Rafa and Djokovic. Also I want to see a match between Djokovic and Federer. According to me Djokovic is the second mentally toughest player on the tour after Rafa after I saw his matches against Hewitt and Baghdatis and especially the tie-breaks he played this Wimbledon showed that he is a winner. After last defeat to Federer in Dubai this year he stepped up very much beginning from Indian Wells and especially Miami Masters. I think he will not be like Roddick or Hewitt against Federer. According to me Federer will have very hard time against him the next time they meet. What do you think?
:rolleyes:Stop trying to jinx Federer..............it's no guarantee he will be in the final, especially, with the new generation really coming into their own.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Bit early for this. Like a month early.

Still Nole or Andy. Depending on which one of them ends up in Roger's half.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Djokovic or perhaps Gasquet.

I don't want to underestimate Rafa's resolve again, but I feel he'll have a bit of a letdown. The balls are very heavy at the US Open - big serves and flat strokes rule. I have always been adamant that Nadal is significantly better on grass than fast hardcourts.

Nadal's big breakthrough must come at the 08 Aussie. I think he may absolutely destroy the opposition there and from then on perhaps have one of the more dominating years in tennis history. But, again, he needs to execute that and stay healthy.
the us open balls are not heavy, they fly through the air. Since when did they become heavy?

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
the us open balls are not heavy, they fly through the air. Since when did they become heavy?
Tennis balls aren't heavy in general - consider that a hyperbole. They're just not as juiced as at Wimbledon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts