Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which currently active player will be first to play 1000 pro singles matches?

• Sampras ( currently about 980)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agassi ( currently about 960 )

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Chang (also about 960 )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ivanisevic ( about 915 )

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kafelnikov ( about 860 )

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other ( specify )

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Players tend to play less and less. No active player will play that much.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
As long as Agassihole continues to feel inadequate compared to Sampras, I think he will continue to play. 40 more matches is just another year for him anyway, so . . .

I think Pete & Kafel will retire soon, and Chang is definitely retiring this year (last I heard). I don't think Goran will play 85 more matches before Agassi plays 40.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Agassi will play 40 next year alone if he doesn't retire.

Pete should go out a winner IMO, and won't make it because he'll retire.

Same with Kafel (though he'll hopefully go out a winner by winning the Davis Cup. Otherwise, anything is possible).

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Agassi :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Pete. He just needs to retire period :p

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If Russia wins DC Finals, Zhenya might retire so I'm checking him off. Pete (although he is only 20 matches short)I think, will be retiring very soon. So I would have to say it's Andre.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andre is 19 matches short.. Sampras is still 16 matches short. Chang - 37. Goran - 85. Kafelnikov - 130..

The race is on between Pete and Andre. From now on they play pretty much similar schedule, and by French Open time we will likely have the winner. Odds are it will be Andre.. But you never know..

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
this guy...

and that's absolutely fine with me...:kiss: :kiss:

having beaten Andre at the USO last year -- the sweetest victory he could have asked for outside of winning yet another Wimby -- i don't think the 'Droid really wants to ever touch a racket again.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Agassi. It seems that he is more willing to play lesser tournaments than Sampras.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
what lesser tournies is Andre playing?? :confused:

and do you want me to remind you of the string of basement tournies that the 'Droid desperately chased down all over Europe just so that he could get the points to end as #1 for the 6th year in a row? puh-lease...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd say Pete.......definately.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts