Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will qualify

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Wawrinka, Berdych, Raonic, Dimitrov, Ferrer.

We're just beginning Milos' best part of the season. I wouldn't expect guys like Nishikori or Gulbis to beat him out.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Still, imagine a WTF without Mugray.
Hardly difficult to imagine since he's been absent/withdrawn from the tournament in recent years.

WTF'13 had no Murray and that ended up being an absolute stinker of a tournament. Now you will most likely have people like Raonic there instead, hardly cause for celebration imo :shrug:

My predicted line-up and groups

Nadal
Federer
Raonic
Berdych

Djokovic
Wawrinka
Dimitrov
Gulbis

·
23,064 Posts
Side observation: Sijsling has played 23 tournaments. No one else has more than 20
So, #Vulture? :confused: I kid of course... but 7-20 is not really a good sight (3 of which were in Rotterdam, although I get most of his wins were at challenger level, but still).

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Since Rafa and Djokovic are already in, I'm not really caring too much who 4-8 will be, as long as Rogie gets in next. Rogie in another WTF would be awesome.
There is no realistic scenario that sees Wawrinka not qualify, his current points would have been enough with a comfortable margin every year since the current ranking system was adopted. So treat the first four as already qualified.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
There is no realistic scenario that sees Wawrinka not qualify, his current points would have been enough with a comfortable margin every year since the current ranking system was adopted. So treat the first four as already qualified.
I think winning a slam automatically qualifies for the WTF, whatever the ranking

·
23,064 Posts
So you qualify with 2000 points? Wow! Then Ferru is at WTF. Bold prediction.
I think he meant a Slam win is an automatic qualification for a WTF in if you are within the Top 20 Year-End I think, which was the case with Ivanesevic when he won Wimbledon, when I think Haas was in the Top 8(?) but was not in there due to Ivanesevic's win.

1 - 20 of 396 Posts