Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hopefully Djokovic. I don't really have a problem with Djokovic. I like his interviews, I think he's fun. He's good guy, loyal to his country, friends, girlfriend. And he's also an amazing tennis player but every once in a while his public persona drops and he shows his true colors like the match in Madrid against Dimitrov where his actions were completely inappropriate for a top tennis player.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Hopefully Djokovic. I don't really have a problem with Djokovic. I like his interviews, I think he's fun. He's good guy, loyal to his country, friends, girlfriend. And he's also an amazing tennis player but every once in a while his public persona drops and he shows his true colors like the match in Madrid against Dimitrov where his actions were completely inappropriate for a top tennis player.
I'm understand his behaviour in that match. He was losing to such a genetic garbage as Dimitrov, so it's normal to react like that.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'm understand his behaviour in that match. He was losing to such a genetic garbage as Dimitrov, so it's normal to react like that.
Normal? No, it's not. And Dimitrov is not genetic garbage, show some respect for a player who is among top 20 players in the world in his profession. What do you do and where do you rank?

Djokovic lost it completely. He was screaming obscenities to the crowd. He always takes it personally when crowd is rooting for the other guy.

Look at this arrogant nod when crowd is cheering on Federer's match point. He's obviously sulking but it did inspire him to win the match so kudos to him. After his win against Murray in Rome 2011 he was also screaming obcenities. ''Jači si kurac bre''. Completely disrespectful.

That's just my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Djokovic or even dislike him. He's also very gracious in defeat but in the heat of the battle he often loses his cool.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Normal? No, it's not. And Dimitrov is not genetic garbage, show some respect for a player who is among top 20 players in the world in his profession. What do you do and where do you rank?

Djokovic lost it completely. He was screaming obscenities to the crowd. He always takes it personally when crowd is rooting for the other guy.

Look at this arrogant nod when crowd is cheering on Federer's match point. He's obviously sulking but it did inspire him to win the match so kudos to him. After his win against Murray in Rome 2011 he was also screaming obcenities. ''Jači si kurac bre''. Completely disrespectful.

That's just my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Djokovic or even dislike him. He's also very gracious in defeat but in the heat of the battle he often loses his cool.
That part is very true. But I think it's normal. Novak just wants to win too much and he is not happy when he is making mistakes

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Djokovic, naturally

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

:baby:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Djokovic because they know he will overthrow their beloved Nadull. They're just bitter bitches, and now especially with Dull declining.

They will do everything in their power to ensure Novak goes out early, because if Novak puts another beatdown on Cheatdull, RG could end his career.

Very, very childish of them.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Djokovic because they know he will overthrow their beloved Nadull. They're just bitter bitches, and now especially with Dull declining.

They will do everything in their power to ensure Novak goes out early, because if Novak puts another beatdown on Cheatdull, RG could end his career.

Very, very childish of them.
So if Nadal played Basel and people would cheer against him because they wouldn't want him to meet Federer would they be bitter bitches too? And if unconditional support for a national superstar and one of Spain's greatest athletes on his home ground is very, very childish, how would you describe your behaviour on this forum?

I'm sorry, but I find your perception of reality to be extremely weird. It's inconceivable that someone would honestly believe the things you write. At least to me.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts

Agreed :yeah:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
The atmosphere in the Dimitrov-Djokovic match last year was incredible. The whole place was chanting Grigor's name in the 2nd set tie-break. It's very rare to see a foreign player get that kind of support at any tournament and it must have been difficult for Djokovic to have been on the receiving end of it. He may have lost his cool but it's hard to blame him.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
The atmosphere in the Dimitrov-Djokovic match last year was incredible. The whole place was chanting Grigor's name in the 2nd set tie-break. It's very rare to see a foreign player get that kind of support at any tournament and it must have been difficult for Djokovic to have been on the receiving end of it. He may have lost his cool but it's hard to blame him.
:bigclap:
Yeah it really is, everyone usually curses the crowd when they're very pro opponent. It wasnt his first time anyway.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
:bigclap:
Yeah it really is, everyone usually curses the crowd when they're very pro opponent. It wasnt his first time anyway.
I know Croatians are bitter because they only have drugs-cheat Cilic to support but try to put your regional bias aside. The whole court was loudly supporting his opponent in a very tight match. He lost his cool in the heat of battle and blew off some steam. I'm not defending it but this was an extreme case. It's rare to see a foreign player get the insane level of support that Grigor did last year and I don't think anyone would have enjoyed being on the other side of the net that day.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts