Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will have the better career, Thiem or Dimitrov?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my humble opinion it's quite clear that Thiem by far is the more talented player of the two, combined with a superior mindset. When translating these observations to numbers I would say we're looking at at least five slams for Thiem, while Dimitrov will be lucky to get one or two.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
When we talk about talent/natural ability there's no doubt whatsoever that Thiem should be the one having the better career.

Needless to say that he's also a much, much better human being.

·
Bring it Home
20,326 Posts
I believe both have the game to be slam winners and can be rivals, but Dimitrov is better.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Way too early to call Thiem's career. Which under MTF law means he is bound to win anywhere between 10 and 28 Slams.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
:lol:

like we don't have enough troll threds at MTF :lol:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Also, why is Gerard Depardieu's lumberjack twin brother choking Thiem?

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol:

like we don't have enough troll threds at MTF :lol:
The arrogance to think this is a troll thread, unreal :lol:

I can't wait until reality starts to set in :drool:

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Resnik would destroy Rasheed in a log carrying contest and that's all that matters.

Reactions: Big Bodacious

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
The increasing restraint among sports journalists in appreciation of Resnik’s achievements is based in certain doubts about the reliability of his statements.
Sounds like the Austrian version of Johnny Groove.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
No doubt this could be one of the greatest rivalries in the future.

Tennis has a good chance of remaining classy and relevant. All hope isn't gone, after all. :)

As for the greatest achievements, I believe Thiem could have a better career. I don't know, just a feeling and this "aura" he possesses. Grigor is still my favourite of the two.

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
too long, can't you just sum it up.
good thread to bump up in 10 years
No. It really is an amazing read, trust me.

If I ever meet him I will buy Hewitt =Legend as many milkshakes he can handle for posting it here.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
The arrogance to think this is a troll thread, unreal :lol:

I can't wait until reality starts to set in :drool:
arrogance? the guy has yet to enter the top 100 ffs, we don't even know if he ever will enter top 50. He's got a pretty game and that's all as of now, wtf are you talking about :facepalm:

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
arrogance? the guy has yet to enter the top 100 ffs, we don't even know if he ever will enter top 50. He's got a pretty game and that's all as of now, wtf are you talking about :facepalm:
he was 99 last week :p

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's already been in the top 100 and will be again after this week. I know something special when I see it, I haven't been touched by a tennis player on this level since I saw Kuerten play for the first time.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
No. It really is an amazing read, trust me.

If I ever meet him I will buy Hewitt =Legend as many milkshakes he can handle for posting it here.
You have the wets for some reason, eh.

I read it few weeks ago when you first post it. And what? He is training hard that's good. One thing he won't struggle is physical power contrary to Dimitrov. He's just naturally build like a beast. I watched his previous match and liked it a lot.

I know something special when I see it,.
I can agree with that. But it's too early to make anything out of it. He's going to be a factor - but how big remains to be seen.

1 - 20 of 261 Posts