Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is interesting that the #1 and #2 are going through a title drought (though with Nadal it is sort of expected) and the duopoly of the past three years is no longer applicable this year.

Who will get the 1st title faster and where will it be?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I would predict Federer to win one of IW and Miami. If he doesn't then Nadal at MC.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Federer in Aachen

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Good question. :yeah:

Nole is the obvious favourite for IW / Miami, but, on top of a possible win in Dubai, 5 weeks of tennis might take their toll on him some time along the way. Federer is his next biggest threat, while Nadal could go out to any half-decent brainless ball-basher / power player along the way imo.

So, pulling for Federer here.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Federer in IW.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Nadal.
Rafa will win only Estoril.
Roger`s first this year will be Basel. :wavey:
aww damn, I was comming here to say that Rogi will win Estoril.
But if you think it's Rafa, the same Rafa who isn't even comming to play the tournament, then you must be right.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

Nole is the obvious favourite for IW / Miami, but, on top of a possible win in Dubai, 5 weeks of tennis might take their toll on him some time along the way. Federer is his next biggest threat, while Nadal could go out to any half-decent brainless ball-basher / power player along the way imo.

But it's only 3 tournaments (maximum 17 matches if winning all 3 tournaments) in 5 weeks. So I don't think it's that draining physically.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Roger. Indian Wells.:wavey:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
It seems you people didn't get the memo. Fedal are finished, mugs, etc... No chance they are winning any titles this year.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
But it's only 3 tournaments (maximum 17 matches if winning all 3 tournaments) in 5 weeks. So I don't think it's that draining physically.
Yep, you have a valid point there. :) But I guess you could also consider the mental side of things (winning 17 straight matches over the best opposition). :shrug:

·
Banned
913 Posts
It is interesting that the #1 and #2 are going through a title drought (though with Nadal it is sort of expected)
You just answered your question there, no? I mean when was the last time that Federer hadn't won a title before IW? We have to go way back and that is telling ... So I say Nadal will win a title before Federer this year..... Coz Djokovic will win win both IW and Miami.... Then comes clay season, no? :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

How quickly the mighty fall around here. Is Djokovic really an obvious favorite to win Indian Wells and Miami? Federer is still Federer, even if he just lost a match. Djokovic is Federer's biggest threat to win important titles, not the other way around.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts