Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my picks.

5. Ferrer- I have so much respect for this guy after seeing him live against Gael at the French.
6. Tsonga- He is raising the level of his game big time.
7. Monfils- Hopefully he stays healthy because he is a great indoors player.
8. DelPo- After what I saw today I believe he is getting closer to being the Juan we know.

WC- Soderling- If he can stay healthy how much of a force he is in the indoor season.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
5. Ferrer (I think he'll be able to collect enough points to be too far for anyone to realistically catchup)
6. Tsonga (think Tsonga will have a very solid indoor season and surpass Fish)
7. Fish (he won't do much, but he'll do enough)
8. Roddick (make it another consecutive year to be ranked inside the top 8! Definitely a bit of a stretch but we'll see how he does at Shanghai/Paris. Would really like Andy to get back!)

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Del potro won't get there unless he changes his schedule

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
5. Ferrer (sadly)
6. Tsonga
7. Soderling
8. Berdych

Ferrer is pretty much already there and the other 3 are excellent indoors when they want to be, Fish and Monfils could provide some tough competition for sure though.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5. Ferrer (sadly)
6. Tsonga
7. Soderling
8. Berdych

Ferrer is pretty much already there and the other 3 are excellent indoors when they want to be, Fish and Monfils could provide some tough competition for sure though.
Good analysis Jason ;). The only reason I didnt put Berdych in there was because of his shoulder :sad:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
5. Ferrer (sadly)
6. Tsonga
7. Soderling
8. Berdych

Ferrer made the final a few years ago :lol: Although he isn't technically a great indoor player.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Good analysis Jason ;). The only reason I didnt put Berdych in there was because of his shoulder :sad:
:( Looked awful today despite winning too, definitely not looking good. Same reason I didn't put Monfils in though, must be even more serious than Berdych's since he withdrew from Davis Cup. :sad: On the bright side if neither make it to London it wouldn't be that bad because at least guys like Tsonga, Fish and Soderling know how to play well on an hardcourt. :)
Ferrer made the final a few years ago :lol: Although he isn't technically a great indoor player.
Well like you said that was a few years ago, remember what happened last year? :help: :tape:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
1. Ferrer
2. Tsonga
3. Soderling
4. Fish

That's what I predict, but I would have liked Del Potro to snatch Soderling's spot :D

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Do you know what tournaments he is playing?
he isn't playing again until shanghai which is a mistake everyone else bar federer is playing one or two events prior.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I wonder if anyone will go full Davydenko and beat everyone unexpectedly and win the final. That was so exciting.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Ferrer - he's pretty much qualified. The cut-off point last year was around this mark, and the top 4 are hogging a lot more points than usual.
Fish - doesn't need to do a lot, although he may fall out if someone has a good Autumn.
Tsonga - he's good indoors, and he's in form. Should easily qualify.
Monfils - my sleeper. Enjoys indoor courts.

Alternates:

Simon - it depends on his indoor season. He's been great this season, and he's French, which will help, but he needs another title to get over the line probably.
Soderling - lock if he recovers from mono.
Berdych - probably a lock if his shoulder recovers, and goes deep in a tournament.
Del Potro - recent form is a concern, but he's still probably the most talented player outside the big 4, and has he turned a corner with his Davis Cup results?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Davydenko, Roddick, and Nalbandian should retire.

The only reason people want Roddick around is because he reached a QF this year (which is always respected in tennis). If he hadn't reached that, he would have definitely deserved to have retired.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts