Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will end up zero slam?(unlimited choices)

• Thiem

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Medvedev

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Tsitsipas

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Zverev

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Berrettini

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Rublev

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Khachanov

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Shapovalov

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Felix Auger-Aliassime

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Kyrgios

Votes: 35 79.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
The only ones I can see winning slams are Tsitsipas, Thiem, Medvedev, and possibly Shapovalov if he pulls a Wawrinka.

·
Premium Member
26,457 Posts
Zverev, Shapovalov, Khachanov, Berrettini & Kyrgios are strong contenders for going slamless in their current trajectory.
Could change course, but for most of them it would take monumental effort.

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
920 Posts
Kyrgios, Shapo, Rublev (50/50), khavhanov, bertini.

All failures and losers. Wimp generation

Here's hoping Felix, Meddy, Zverev and Thiem develop into great warriors

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Thiem - very possible at RG.
Medvedev - already reached a final, too consistent of a game not to win one.
Tsitsipas - just too good of a player not to win one.
Shapovalov - don't think so, too bashy.
Rublev - see above.
Kyrgios - best peak of them all, question is if he can keep it up. I say no, but there's a chance.
FAA - not too familiar with him.
Khachanov - no chance, not that good of a player.
Zverev - has some little chance, for now going to say no.
Berrettini - fluke IMO. No.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
I agree. Maybe I’d add FAA to this list. The others are very unlikely to win a slam.
FAA is good from the baseline but I feel he needs that spark that even players like Cilic had at one point. He also needs to improve his mental strength as he’s 0-5 in finals but he’s not counted out though for sure.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Shapo,hopefully.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thiem - very possible at RG.
Medvedev - already reached a final, too consistent of a game not to win one.
Tsitsipas - just too good of a player not to win one.
Shapovalov - don't think so, too bashy.
Rublev - see above.
Kyrgios - best peak of them all, question is if he can keep it up. I say no, but there's a chance.
FAA - not too familiar with him.
Khachanov - no chance, not that good of a player.
Zverev - has some little chance, for now going to say no.
Berrettini - fluke IMO. No.
Honestly If Nadal and djoko want to play for the next 6 years till Federer age they can probably eat up 75% of the slams minimum

·
Premium Member
7,330 Posts
Probable: Thiem, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, FAA
Possible: Zverev, Rublev
No: Berrettini (limited, peaked already), Shapovalov (lowest IQ game of all youngsters), Khachanov (combination of game and mental issues), Kyrgios (not good enough, plus nutjob).

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Khachanov, Berrettini, Rulev & Kyrgios won't win a slam. Thiem and Tsitsipas will win. One of Zverev, FAA and Medvedev might go slamless. Shapovalov might dominate the era or go slamless.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
For thiem I think it’s only a matter of time. If nadal retires at the end of 2021 he could grab RG the following year. Same with djokovic and the AO who will probably retire at the end of 2022. But it’s also possible he already surpassed his peak at this point and ends up slamless
with Medvedev I fear that his run between Washington and Shanghai last year was just a fluke and he returns to mediocrity again. So far his season has been more than disappointing.
Tsitsipas could surely win one but he has to improve his return for that.
rublev no. Limited game, only success in 250s. So far no perspective. Slam results this season will show if he against all odds still has a shot but I dont believe.
Zverev. meh I don’t know. Maybe in 3-4 years when the old guard has been entirely replaced with this weak inconsistent follow up generation where everyone in the top-20 has a shot at a slam like it’s in WTA currently. Yeah his AO have been great but he had a favourable draw and it’s unlikely he can reproduce such ridiculous serve numbers.
Berrettini. No. His run was a fluke. He has no place in the top 10. Can still lose to anyone on any given day.
Khachanov. No. Overrated player. Had his moment in the sun but is barely keeping up with them. Went from straight setting djokovic to losing 2 and 2 in just a year when it should be the opposite (young players evolve and are hungry, older players decline and care less)
shapovalov. Hard to judge. Potential is there but his Tennis IQ is close to 0 and he has no strategy at all going into most matches. So I’d say no. Others are already better more talented and more clutch than him. He’s one the youngest though so maybe he has a chance later.
FAA too soon to say anything. Usually the second season after your breakthrough is the hardest. this year is pivotal for his further development.
Kyrgios. No that train has left long ago.

·
Registered
863 Posts
It's interesting to see that 50% see Shapo as hopeless. I think he's the most talented of the lot. A continuous smear is that he has a dumb (Zero IQ) game. I'd like to hear what that means to those that propose it. How are other players smarter?

·
Registered
920 Posts
It's interesting to see that 50% see Shapo as hopeless. I think he's the most talented of the lot. A continuous smear is that he has a dumb (Zero IQ) game. I'd like to hear what that means to those that propose it. How are other players smarter?
He's been on the scene for 4 years and has done nothing in slams

1 - 20 of 24 Posts