Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal and Djokovic have 2, Murray 1. Nadal seems a bit done on the surface judging by his last three awful performances, I think even at his peak he was better on HC than on grass, despite most people thinking otherwise. Grass might be Djokovic's worst surface but his level on it is very underrated, he's been very consistent at Wimbledon since 2007, aside from the time he drew Safin in the 2nd round. In fact he made the semi more times at Wimbledon than at the AO. Many thought that the 2011 run was a fluke and he wouldn't win on grass again, but last year he was impressive. And Murray reached the final in the past 2 years (leaving surgery year aside) and won Olympics, so he will most probably win one more at the very least. I think the next 3 years it will be split between Djokovic & Murray.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Neither. All of them will end up with the same number of Wimbledon titles when they retire.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Assuming Nadal retures in 2017 , he has 3 chances and judging by the weak Grass era , I expect him to take all three.

After that I predict the late rise of Baby faced Champs like Raonic and Dimi so that would mean no more for Murya or Nole !

So the answer to the question is Nadal I am afraid... Now that he has shifted focus from Clay to Grass , Federer should be scared of his Grass slam record

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Assuming Nadal retures in 2017 , he has 3 chances and judging by the weak Grass era , I expect him to take all three.

After that I predict the late rise of Baby faced Champs like Raonic and Dimi so that would mean no more for Murya or Nole !

So the answer to the question is Nadal I am afraid... Now that he has shifted focus from Clay to Grass , Federer should be scared of his Grass slam record
Are you serious?
:haha:

Anyway, on topic, Djokovic, with three.
Nadal will finish with the two he has.
Murray may get another, but it's irrelevant.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
The highest level of grass play displayed by one of those three was Wimbledon 2008 by Rafa. Second highest possibly a split between Rafa 2010 and Murray 2013. Djokovic 2011 wasn't that good on grass...he's not really a natural on the surface(neither was Nadal but he still moved better in his heyday).

I think 2017 and onwards will see winners other than these 3 at Wimbledon. It is hard to imagine Nadal winning Wimbledon again but I'd just like to point out that last year he was actually playing well. Nick was serving out of his mind that day. If I had to bet I'd bet on all 3 of them ending on 2 Wimbledons and Nadal with the best overall record as a result of having reached more finals...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic of course.

No1e - 4
Nadal - 2
Murray - 2

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I don't see Murray or Nadal winning another one. Djokovic should win at least one more Wimbledon title consdering his consistency. So the Serb wil finish with more.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Nadal:3
Murray: 2
Djokovic: 2

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Andy, with 3.

·
29,645 Posts
Djokovic 3, Murray 2, Nadal 2. IMO. And as a Nadal hater this may shock many but I'd argue it was his best level that was the highest of the 3.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic of course.

No1e - 4
Nadal - 2
Murray - 2
I like Nole but you are smoking some strong stuff if you think he has 2 Wimbys left in him. I'd say 1 and that's not even given. I'd say 2 FOs and 1 Wimbledon max. The rest of his slams will be on hard courts

True. I think your estimate might be the best. I can see Murray getting 2 more though, plausibly.
Murray has proven he can't beat anyone but Nole in slam finals. I don't think his chances of winning another slam is good if he meets Nole before the final

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Djokovic probably. Nadal is definitely never winning Wimbledon again, and Murray currently has one less than Novak. People constantly underrate Djokovic on grass as well and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he won one or two more Wimbledon titles.

·
29,645 Posts
Murray has proven he can't beat anyone but Nole in slam finals. I don't think his chances of winning another slam is good if he meets Nole before the final
Are you saying he wouldn't be favourite against a non-Djokovic, Nadal or Federer player in a Slam final? Because minus Wawrinka in an RG final, he would be.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts