Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who gets eventually in double digit Slam Final losses?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very unlikely that Nadal (14-6) and to lesser extent Murray (2-6) manage to do it..But, Federer (17-9) and Djokovic (9-8) have a very realistic chance here..Who you think will join Ivan Lendl in the Club 10+ lost Slams Finals?

Though Djokovic has been hovering at .50% W/L Slam Finals for a while, it will look less awesome for Federer especially after being once at 12-2 and 15-5...

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously Federer would take another Slam Final loss as long there is #18 in the final count :lol:....

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
With his very nice Fedal's halfs at AO/USO/Wimb. and Nadal usually not making far enough to meet him there, Federer could make at least two more slam finals in the next 24 month period/or 8 slams.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Djokovic definitely. Roger a little less definitely.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With his very nice Fedal's halfs at AO/USO/Wimb. and Nadal usually not making far enough to meet him there, Federer could make at least two more slam finals in the next 24 month period or 8 slams.
It isn't really that easy, though.. Federer hasn't reached non-Wimledon Slam Final since RG' 2011..And even that it took him a virtuoso performance to make it...Even for someone who has aged quite well, it just still hows you how extremely difficult making the last round of major, let alone win it, becomes post 29/30..

·
6,702 Posts
If Novak has to lose a couple more, to win a couple more, I can easily live with that.
Federer isn't making more Finals. (except maybe Wimby once more).

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I think Andy has a big chance to do it as well, sadly. For Fed it looks like 1 more slam final will be enough for 17-10, Novak needs 2 RG finals.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Andy has a big chance to do it as well, sadly. For Fed it looks like 1 more slam final will be enough for 17-10, Novak needs 2 RG finals.
Murray might make another 4 Slam finals (x2 Wimbledon, 1 AO, 1 USO) but won't lose them all, IMO.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
No1e

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I can see Murray doing this to be honest, there's good chance he'll make four more slam Final's, with his consistancy, especially if he gets the number two seed. But there's also a good chance he loses all of them.

Djokovic won't lose many more Final's and Federer won't reach many more.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Hopefully, it was the last time the quitter formerly known as GOAT makes a slam final. Nole probably loses a few more slam finals and wins a few ... I think Murray is more likely to also end up in double digits

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
They both will...

And it's a flattering thing really.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Both. Novak with a higher chance though.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Both could do it. Federer can reach another final and obviously the more time goes on the more likely it is he will be the runner up instead of the winner of them. Djokovic almost certainly is going to be in multiple slam finals. Even if he gets much beter at converting them for now, he could still end up making a couple when he is much declined in a few years.

So since this thread seems as good a place as any, I was recently wondering about who had lost in slam finals to the most different players? So Federer despite 9 losses has only been defeated by Nadal, Del Potro and Djokovic, while Djokovic with his loss to Wawrinka has now lost to 4 different players. I assume Lendl has the record with losing to 6 different players, could Djokovic catch that?

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
Both could do it. Federer can reach another final and obviously the more time goes on the more likely it is he will be the runner up instead of the winner of them. Djokovic almost certainly is going to be in multiple slam finals. Even if he gets much beter at converting them for now, he could still end up making a couple when he is much declined in a few years.

So since this thread seems as good a place as any, I was recently wondering about who had lost in slam finals to the most different players? So Federer despite 9 losses has only been defeated by Nadal, Del Potro and Djokovic, while Djokovic with his loss to Wawrinka has now lost to 4 different players. I assume Lendl has the record with losing to 6 different players, could Djokovic catch that?
Rosewall also has final losses to six different players (not counting pro slams 1957-67), and Connors too.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Only at MTF reaching a slam final but falling short in the last match is bad thing. Everywhere else it adds to your legacy.

That said I couldn't care less if Djokovic reaches 10 slam finals losses or more as long as he wins some finals as well. You can't win everything.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Only at MTF reaching a slam final but falling short in the last match is bad thing. Everywhere else it adds to your legacy.

That said I couldn't care less if Djokovic reaches 10 slam finals losses or more as long as he wins some finals as well. You can't win everything.
Exactly.
Ditto with me for Federer.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts

If Murray makes it too, after Djokovic and Federer, by e.g. 2:4 score till the end of his carreer, then the double digit in losses could become acceptable even at the PMTF (puritanical MTF sub-forum) to say the least.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts