Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last year it was Ferrero, and before that Corretja.

Right now the standings of the top 5 are:

Player Race Points
Costa 364
Ferrero 287
Moya 272
Corretja 197
Robredo 144

Ferrero and Moya are more likely to pass Costa than the other two are, due to a 100 point gap or more...

Out of the two, Moya is better on hard thus far, so if anyone passes Costa I think it will be him.

So Moya or Costa is my pick.

Costa is a shoe in for the Masters Cup though remember, which gives him a whole extra tournament to add to his points that no one else will have for sure.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Ferreo :D :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ferrero

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I agree with you, Becca. Costa has the edge and Moya probably is the only one who can take it from Albert.
I will vote for Carlos, though, because Im waiting for something good from him in the hardcourts too. :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moya has said that his goal this year now is to get into the top ten and go to the Masters Cup. So he seems determined about it.

I would like to pick Ferrero of course, but Moya has shown more on hardcourts, so I have to go with him.

That is *if* he does better than Costa on hard of course.

Costa could be a whole new player after winning a slam, who knows.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
I hope Carlos Moya as well but he needs to do some serious kick butt tourns in the US now

Juanqui will still finish in top 10

·
Registered
569 Posts
Costa

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
ferrero has nothing big to defend until the end of the year but probably won't do well, even though moya won the cincy do not expect big thing from him here and there maybe, costa has done his fair share this year and alex could do well but don't expect him to be the best at the end of the year although i am cheering for him

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The top three now stand at :

Costa 386
Moya 386
Ferrero 378

So much for my comments that Costa would be hard to pass, these three are neck and neck.

I'm still leaning towards Moya, since he's on a roll - and is better on hard than the other two.

Ferrero's indoor record has two decent results, then a whole lot of early exits, and I'm not sure about the other two.

Anyone know how good MOya is indoors? I get the sneaking suspicion that Costa isn't an indoor Monster :p

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Carlos was runner up in the 1998 ATP World Champs
2000 runner up in Toulouse
2001 SF in Basel

Carlos has one good indoor event per year thats all

this yr he will be seeded in the Masters so a win there will be helpful

Costa hadn't won an indoor match in his career until 2000.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ferrero's decent results I mentioned, were 2000 Paris Masters Semi finals where he lost to Marat Safin, and Masters Cup semi finals in 2001 where he lost to Hewitt.

and lol @ Costa :eek:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So unless one of them rips it up indoors, we may be looking at the US Open as a major decider, huh?

Ferrero doesn't play untill then, I dont know the schedules of the other two?

But if I had to call it now, I'd say Moya, Ferrero, Costa - in that order.

Much of my Moya call now, is influenced by Cincinatti, but I picked him before he won that anyhow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts