Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that it will be Djokovic who finishes the year as world number one yet again. But what about #2?

I think Murray and Federer are the only two real candidates (maybe Nadal, depending on the upcoming clay season)
I think(hope) that Murray will take the ranking for his first YE#2 finish, with wins in Queens, Wimbeldon, Cincinnati and Shanghai. With the win in Shanghai probably taking the ranking from Federer.

Who do you think will be YE#2?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Nadal is done, I had my hopes he might return one day, but I'm slowly starting to realise he cant keep up with the current competition. Nadal is mentally not there, no one is willing to bend over, thats why he cant build any confidence.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will see what happens in Monte Carlo

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Right now the signs point to healthier Murray picking up a lot of points he left on the table last year, but it's still early. If Fed can sustain the success he had last year he'll be #2, if he fades, and Nadal declines, Nishikori and Raonic may actually have a decent chance at moving up and challenging.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Nadull because he'll still rack up clay points and then he's got a ton to gain post-Wimbledon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Loosie, It wouldn't surprise me too much if Raonic was consistent all year and sneaked a master or two and slipped in at #2

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Right now the signs point to healthier Murray picking up a lot of points he left on the table last year, but it's still early. If Fed can sustain the success he had last year he'll be #2, if he fades, and Nadal declines, Nishikori and Raonic may actually have a decent chance at moving up and challenging.
Your post was going so well until the last bit.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
90% roger, murray 5%, nishi 5%. Nadal will be a non factor after the dirt as usual but it all depends if novak allows him to sneak a title somewhere

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Keep dreaming. Federer and nadal are not the only people ahead of raonic.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Shame you ruined your entire post mentioning Raonic.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Your post was going so well until the last bit.
Murray put a good gap between himself at #3 and the rest of the top 10 pack, but Raonic is only 210 points behind Nishikori for 4th. As much as you might hate to admit it, Raonic could very well be a top 4 player at some point this year. Could he translate that into a #2 YE ranking? Likely not, but there is a chance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a funny feeling Murray will make the final at either Roland Garros or the US Open this year too. Just hope he doesn't run into Djokovic...

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Benoit Paire.
This. Time for the real world #2 to be on the place where he belongs. The rise is set to begin on the Roland Garros trophy ceremony, where Benoit will lift the trophy to the sound of La Marseillaise.
One month later, we will see the grass machine that is Benoit to dethrone Golubev on a rooftop Wimbledon final.
Right now he's being coach by Marion Bartoli to learn to hit a double-handed forehand. The process is almost done.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Murray has no chance in Shanghai, Djokovic will crush him there, maybe in Cinci

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
andy murray

1 - 20 of 107 Posts