Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who would be tougher for Djokovic in the final ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's clear Djkovic will play in the final against one of two others.
0-5 in sets against Murray, but now Novak serves much better than in 2013.
Fed plays this year better than last year

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Who would be tougher for Djokovic in the final ? Fed or Murray ?

A few years ago Fed. Now definitely Murray

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Obviously Grassray.

Fed was playing at 150% last year and probably should have lost in straights. Djokovic had set point on his on serve in the 1st set, then choked away the 4th set. Fed was serving really well and still lost, he can't compete with the top guys anymore. Murray took Djokovic to 5 sets on clay a month ago, and grass helps him greatly in the matchup.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Fed, because he seems more motivated and determined. Murray did not show anything special up to now. That may change in the following matches though.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yes, of course.:lol: His forehand was 10% at best
His forehand, sadly, isn't really a weapon these days. Sure it was off in last year's match but his Federer's forehand simply isn't even a top 5 shot anymore. However, in the final he was legit servebotting to keep him alive. He aced Djokovic like 30+? times, something like 15 in the 3rd set if I remember correctly. Its doubtful he'll be able to serve that well again if he faces Djokovic.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Good analysis, OP.

I would say Murray edges it.

·
Registered
14,048 Posts
Murray for sure. I would pick Andy to win that matchup on grass as he has in the past, he's the better player on the surface when he's at his best.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
In case he does, he'll get demolished by murray, and will have 40% chance against federer, and will most likely lose to any other players

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Federer can't beat top opponents over five sets anymore, I'll be surprised if he beats Berdych.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
He's got Cilic and Wawrinka to beat yet. By no means guaranteed.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
We do not know whether Murray will get to SF or Djokovic will get Final. I am sure Federer can beat Murray at Wimbeldon. Murray has not shown anything by now. I think Dr Ivo Karlovic or Tsonga could see they have a chance in this section of draw. If someone of them beat Murray then he knows he is in SF.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
So Egg has already reserved a spot in the final? :wavey:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Fed imo. Djokovic vs Murray matchup nowadays is as predictable as Fuck

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I'd say Federer. If Roger makes it to the Wimbledon final then he is always to be feared. I think Djokovic is a lot more comfortable playing against Murray, not only because of his recent 8 match winning streak, but because Murray's game doesn't bother Djokovic as much as Federer's.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I also don't think Murray has as big an advantage over Djokovic on grass as most people seem to think. Not to say that Andy isn't dangerous on this surface, but his 2 wins against Novak on grass aren't really enough proof to establish a trend, IMO.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Neither, but voted Murray since he is a bit bigger threat at this point.

Actually, I think Berdych is the one who will be in the final from that half.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I'd say Federer. If Roger makes it to the Wimbledon final then he is always to be feared. I think Djokovic is a lot more comfortable playing against Murray, not only because of his recent 8 match winning streak, but because Murray's game doesn't bother Djokovic as much as Federer's.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I also don't think Murray has as big an advantage over Djokovic on grass as most people seem to think. Not to say that Andy isn't dangerous on this surface, but his 2 wins against Novak on grass aren't really enough proof to establish a trend, IMO.
So much this. It's mostly the murraytards who hype up his 2-0 h2h on grass like it's some huge feat. 2 matches ffs.:lol:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

Fed will play better than last year by using more variety to fight against the top seeds. Last year was boring tennis from him and cakewalk draw.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts