Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win their next home slam?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was an interesting discussion among Chris Fowler, Luke Jensen and Darren Cahill on who will be the next player to win their home Slam. The last person was Andy Roddick at the 2003 US Open. Darren said Roddick was done (he wouldn't have said that if PMac was there :tape:), he doesn't think it will be Andy Murray at Wimbledon, and he thinks Richard Gasquet is France's best hope, though he thinks the next home slam winner will come from the juniors.

Luke Jensen disagreed that Roddick was done, he thinks Roddick or James Blake will win the US Open in the future. He also thinks Gasquet will not improve--he's topped out.

So discuss :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gasquet/gael/tsonga I think those guys have big upsides in regards of players from countries that host the four majors.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
There was an interesting discussion among Chris Fowler, Luke Jensen and Darren Cahill on who will be the next player to win their home Slam. The last person was Andy Roddick at the 2003 US Open. Darren said Roddick was done (he wouldn't have said that if PMac was there :tape:), he doesn't think it will be Andy Murray at Wimbledon, and he thinks Richard Gasquet is France's best hope, though he thinks the next home slam winner will come from the juniors.

Luke Jensen disagreed that Roddick was done, he thinks Roddick or James Blake will win the US Open in the future.

So discuss :)
IF Roger is not play, Roddick maybe.

But, I said No.

Only Donald Young to me is a real guy who will win USOPEN two years later or three years later

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Jamie Baker

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Jo-Wilfred Tsonga win US OPEN, HE has to be a American

He not go to win a FO, will he???????? No

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Heh, who voted for tsonga? You do realize the French is played on CLAY.

I think it might be a while, maybe none of the above. Murray'd be my guess, but a brit winning wimbledon? Come on now, only in the movies...

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Konstantinos Economidis will crush the opposition at the Marathon Classic.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Gasquet and Murray are the two most realistic picks but the Frenchies put way too much pressure on their players, especially Gasquet. Murray is also under pressure, but it's mostly from the British Press and not the fans. The French crowd have no problem booing their own players for crying out loud! So I think once Federer's reign over Wimbledon is over and Murray has matured more and gained further experience, he'll be the next player to win his home Slam.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts