Who will be the next number one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently Rafa and Djokovic lead the tour by almost double the points over the 3rd place guy.

Who will be the next number one apart from these two and during what year/month will we see a change?

MTF Nostradums's.... GO!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Federer

didnt expect him take number 1 after 2011

Things change very fast after Djokerdal killed their bodies. There will be another transitional time in future.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Its hard to see both Nadal and Djokovic losing enough simultaneously to allow someone else number 1 position, at least for the next few years. So I don't think anyone their age or older has much of a chance to take number 1. It would have to be someone younger who takes over once they have declined. I vote Dimitrov.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Grigor MultiSlamWinnerTrov

Djokovic and Nadal WILL decline and someone will get the #1 ranking..probably him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
KyriGOAT.
A very talented young player!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Poll options added. I vote for 2020, someone we haven't heard off before. (This after Rafa is done with tennis).

So Nadal and Djokovic will share number one ranking for another SIX years? Errr, no.

I expect to see some youngster come through towards the end of 2015, gaining number one by 2016 (possibly around French Open/Wimbledon time after Nadal finally loses again at the French). Nadal will be 30 by then, Djokovic 29. I think they will have declined a little more physically, especially in terms of speed and stamina by then, allowing a young gun to overtake them. Doubt it will be Dimitrov - he is yet to convince me he has the mentality necessary. Someone younger than him. Maybe someone noone is really tipping as of yet, maybe Thiem or Kyrgios.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts