• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Djokovic's lose in an AO final on the horizon, it is now a legitimate question that whether Djokovic will end his slam winning career ealier than Nadal, or even Federer
I have never really believed that he can catch up with Fedal in the slam race after the resurgence of these two in 2017, however it is still possible that with the age advantage, he can be the last to win a slam among the three

Now consider his two favorite slam tournaments: AO and Wimbledon, Djokovic is facing serious problems in both of them
In Wimbledon he just fluked a title last year, totally dominated by a 38 year old Federer game wise, unable to break even one game in the first three sets
Now in this Australian open final he is trailing Thiem 1:2, with an embarrassing 2:6 score in the third set. I seriously think Thiem gave up on the idea of a possibility of bageling him in the 5th game, like oh that's too much for the poor previous AO king. What kind hearted a boy this Thiem is!
Now even if he somehow wins the match(unlikely, but Thiem is more tired in the first place), it is pretty reasonable to say that Djokovic is not anymore that much of a favorite to win AO, let alone Wimbledon
And we all know his pushing game tailored for Fedal is not advantageous against the younger players and Vajda is such a terrible coach whose brain can not contain any idea of attacking tennis which means that improvement of his game is unlikely

There, after the analysis, I'd say Djokovic isn't very likely to be the last man standing among the big three. So out of Big3, who do you think will be the last one to win a grad slam? Please vote!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
? ? ? ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
With Djokovic's lose in an AO final on the horizon, it is now a legitimate question that whether Djokovic will end his slam winning career ealier than Nadal, or even Federer
I have never really believed that he can catch up with Fedal in the slam race after the resurgence of these two in 2017, however it is still possible that with the age advantage, he can be the last to win a slam among the three

Now consider his two favorite slam tournaments: AO and Wimbledon, Djokovic is facing serious problems in both of them
In Wimbledon he just fluked a title last year, totally dominated by a 38 year old Federer game wise, unable to break even one game in the first three sets
Now in this Australian open final he is trailing Thiem 1:2, with an embarrassing 2:6 score in the third set. I seriously think Thiem gave up on the idea of a possibility of bageling him in the 5th game, like oh that's too much for the poor previous AO king. What kind hearted a boy this Thiem is!
Now even if he somehow wins the match(unlikely, but Thiem is more tired in the first place), it is pretty reasonable to say that Djokovic is not anymore that much of a favorite to win AO, let alone Wimbledon
And we all know his pushing game tailored for Fedal is not advantageous against the younger players and Vajda is such a terrible coach whose brain can not contain any idea of attacking tennis which means that improvement of his game is unlikely

There, after the analysis, I'd say Djokovic isn't very likely to be the last man standing among the big three. So out of Big3, who do you think will be the last one to win a grad slam? Please vote!

Bro, you've been on the forum for almost 10 years. You should know by now that you save your opinions until after the match. I stopped reading after your first sentence. ?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Rafa, since he will win RG after 40.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this win currently has him as the last man standing, and with his improved serve, I like his chances at Wimbledon. We'll wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.:cool:
I guess it won't be too good for him this year, good news for him is that he probably can hold the NO.1 ranking for serveral months, definitely will surpass sampras

I hope he can at least win his last slam after olderer, or else it'll be too pathetic

also Djokovic ate a virtual bagel this time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts