Mens Tennis Forums banner

who is the easiest draw for an unseeded player?

• Stan

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Marin

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Bernard

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Ernests

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Adrian

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Feliciano

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Grigor

Votes: 1 2.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several seeded players at the french open this year that everyone will hope to draw. which one of these will most players hope to have in their draw?

stanislas wawrinka- has been playing like crap for a large portion of the year and has been useless in big events recently.

marin cilic - low on confidence and lacks match rythym. isnt great on clay to begin with

grigor dimitrov - not playing great this season anywhere but last week there were some encouraging signs

feliciano lopez- its feliciano on clay, need i say more?

ernests gulbis- won 1match so far this year.have been some good signs in the last couple of weeks even in losses though

bernard tomic- made some improvements on the surface but still one of the weakest in the top 50 on this surface

adrian mannarino- same things as tomic

further question could be asked.how many of them will win their first round?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Mannarino hands down.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
It is between Cilic and Gulbis.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,877 Posts
Gulbis and Tomic I feel are most vulnerable. Lopez might get by just on serve depending on the opponent based on seeding, and same with Cilic but the tournament stops in R2 or R3 at best. First round I see Dimitrov getting through. Stan will need a huge fail to not get past R1 of a slam (although last year's loss doesn't discount it). Not sure about Mannarino haven't seen him play much.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Gulbis or Mannarino. The former is 1-11 this year. The latter is just plain dire on clay.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Gulbis, Cilic and Mannarino. The former two because they're playing like utter shit and the latter because he's pretty terribly on the clay. Tomic and Lopez would be next as they aren't great on the surface either but are at least better than Mannarino. Wawrinka and Dimitrov aren't walking byes in slams by any means even if they have been very underwhelming this year. Those two won't be doing anything spectacular but they should be fine for fourth rounds appearances at least.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
How on earth does every single post not have Mannarino first? It isn't even a question :lol:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Whoever it is, Nadal will draw them.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Mannarino is ridiculously bad on clay. I know it doesn't suit his game due to the lack of pace on the ball but he's worse than you'd expect.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
A toss-up between Gulbis and Tomic.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,675 Posts
Very tough contest between Gulbis, Kevin and Mannarino. Kevin not being in the poll somehow shows me, how many think he isn't even seeded :facepalm:

·
Registered
645 Posts
not Dimitrov or Lopez

rest is beyond bad this year ...

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Very tough contest between Gulbis, Kevin and Mannarino. Kevin not being in the poll somehow shows me, how many think he isn't even seeded :facepalm:
Fact you're mentioning Anderson here shows how much you underestimate your favorite at RG. ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I like Adrian but his game is awful on clay, suited to Grass he has too win the poll as Gulbis is capable of winning matches on clay if he plays well, Adrian not so much

1 - 20 of 36 Posts