·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The situation for today looks like this:

3. N.Djokovic 3200
4. N.Davydenko 3175
5. A.Roddick 3165

(NOT updated after taking into account Judio's countings in the ranking thread)

As most of you all see (and all others will see just soon) the battle for the good seeding at USO has just started and both AMS events will be decisive. Federer and Nadal occupy the top spots, but those three guys above are main challengers for the next two. It's quite important, because Roddick and Davydenko have tons of points to defend at USO and occupying no. 3 or 4 could help them a lot. Djokovic on the other hand has the great chance to make his 3rd position stronger and book a berth in Shanghai final showdown. Of course I'm assuming that there will be no strange things like seeding list against the entry ranking. In my opinion the situation of the following is this;

DJOKOVIC
Doesn't have good memories from last year's USO series, but it's mostly because of his injury (breathing problems that forced him to retire from Umag final). However, as every coin this has the other side - he's no.3 already and he doesn't have much to defend. Secondly, the kid learns fast (example: Wimbledon SF, defeated good players there, scared Nadal a bit, and he didn't have much experience on grass before)

DAVYDENKO
Didn't do well during last year's decoturf masters events, but New Haven and the USO itself have both shown you should not underestimate him. Finished his clay court summer adventure earlier, so maybe he'll find his feet on the new surface, but I'm afraid even a journeyman from USA can knock him out early (as Delic was able to do so on slower surface this year)

RODDICK
Great experience, good game for the surface and so on, a victory to defend in Cincinnati. It's unlikely that he'll not achieve at least a QF, so he's definitely got a chance of overruning Davydenko if Kolya doesn't play well. Can be quite tired after plauing back-to-back Indy and Washigton - in the past he proved this may not be a factor for jim, but obviously Andy Roddick 2007 is not that one from 2003

The next guys don't have much chances. Gonzalez has much to defend and it's unlikely he'll do it, Robredo reached SF in Cincy, so he must also watch out, Gasquet has a final to defend... and above all, there's quite a big gap between A-Rod and No.6

So the question is: who do you think will get the spots? A poll is included, so I didn't write it in the rankings thread
I pick Djoko and A-Rod

·
Registered
586 Posts
thanks, hopefully moya and hewitt can get up top top 16

IMO it's meaningless if U get seeded 5 to 8 or 9 tom 12...here everybody can beat everbody, lovely 4th round match ups

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
well..bare in mind roddick defends a MS title.. and he is n5.. so.. that means.. he is doomed.. davydenko with much less..can achieve a lot more..

so i voted for djoko and dav

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Roddick is not as good as last year and he probably won't be as lucky, which means he won't beat Djokovic and Davydenko for 4th spot.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Djokovic and Davydenko.

Djokovic is almost assured his spot if he plays decent.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Expect Djokovic 3 and Davydenko 4 going into US Open. However, expect Roddick to make it close race.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Djokovic and Roddick

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Andy doesn't need to win Cincy to defend his points. A victory tomorrow as well as a couple of SF appearances in the Masters Series will be enough.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Djokovic and Roddick

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Andy doesn't need to win Cincy to defend his points. A victory tomorrow as well as a couple of SF appearances in the Masters Series will be enough.
But He has to get in SF at lease in the Masters Series.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Novak and Isner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts