Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will take the #1 ranking from Djokovic? (select 1 or 2 players)

• Federer

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Murray

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Nadal

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Wawrinka

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nishikori

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Raonic

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Dimitrov

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Kyrgios

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Kokkinakis

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Coric

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Thiem

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Sock

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novak has been #1 for 156 weeks now, and is the best player in the men's game right now with a lead of approx 4000 points over the #2 player in the world - Federer.

He is dominating mens tennis; he has won 8 of the last 9 major tournaments (Slams/Masters/WTF) he's played; the loss in the 9th one was in the Finals in 4 sets.

Who will be the first player who takes the #1 ranking from him (even for a week)??

Will he be from the Big Four, a young gun, or the top 10 (5-10)?

Vote on the poll above.

And on the sister thread, vote on *WHEN* do you think he will relinquish his #1 rank: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=674777

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Re: Who will take the #1 rank from Djokovic?

Novak has been #1 for 156 weeks now, and is the best player in the men's game right now with a lead of approx 4000 points over the #2 player in the world - Federer.

He is dominating mens tennis; he has won 7 of the last 8 major tournaments he played in, loosing the 8th one in the Finals in 4 sets. (Slams/Masters/WTF)

Who will be the first player who takes the #1 ranking from him (even for a week)??

Will he be from the Big Four, a young gun, or the top 10 (5-10)?

Vote on the poll above.

And on the sister thread, vote on *WHEN* do you think he will relinquish his #1 rank (even for one week): http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=674777
Whoever thinks Murray will be world number one are crazy. Not a chance. A completely NEW PLAYER made of the RIGHT STUFF. Will emerge in 2018--2019.

We will IMMEDIATELY realize he is a new force in tennis and NOVAKS successor. So basically until the end of 2018. Djokovic will be WORLD NUMBER ONE. And he will smash Federers 302 week record. Including consecutive weeks 237.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Who will take the #1 rank from Djokovic?

Whoever thinks Murray will be world number one are crazy. Not a chance. A completely NEW PLAYER made of the RIGHT STUFF. Will emerge in 2018--2019.

We will IMMEDIATELY realize he is a new force in tennis and NOVAKS successor. So basically until the end of 2018. Djokovic will be WORLD NUMBER ONE. And he will smash Federers 302 week record. Including consecutive weeks 237.
Why not? I don't think Murray is better than Djokovic -- but assuming Djokovic starts to fade, I don't know any other player who can play as consistently throughout the year to reach #1. Murray will be fresher when Djokovic starts losing his consistency, and might be able to take the mantle -- he has the talent, and the capacity, and the consistency.

·
|
14,958 Posts
I think it will be Nadal, he's literally unbeatable at the US Open.
That's why I've had the 2013 US Open in my avatar ever since I registered.

·
Registered
536 Posts
2015dal is nowhere near unbeatable.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you been living under a rock? Was the 2013 US Open the only tournament you ever watched? :crazy:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
That's a good question. I think that Murray has chances - he's been very consistent this year and he can continue it next year. If Djoko has some weaker period (it's possible within a year or two) then Murray could reach the top some day in 2016 or 2017. As for Federer and Nadal - their chances to reach No 1 look smaller and smaller (it's much more probable that they'll win a slam). In my opinion Stan Wawrinka isn't able to keep his level for long enough to reach number 1. Other top players? No chance. Younger generation? Probably not in the next 3 years.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amazing to see people voting for Nadal! Even though he is at #10 now, fans haven't lost faith in him! I do think he will start playing well and make it back into the top 4. But he will have a hard time reaching #1. He could do it though if Novak has a dip in form and Nadal starts playing his best tennis!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Borna if the change at #1 occurs in 3-4 years. If Novak's game starts to fade before, then hard to tell. Probably Murray.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
:superlol:

Thanks man. I haven't had good laugh for days now

1 - 20 of 132 Posts