Mens Tennis Forums banner

who will be more devastated

• Djokovic tards

• Mugray tards

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If Wawrinka beats Djokovic again in the slams I will be really, really sad. I think Djokovic can't afford to lose any more to Wawrinka in slams. It will be a serious problem. I think USO 2019 was a problematic loss but injury was an excuse I guess...

It seems that Wawrinka just matches up so well to Djokovic where he physically drains him. Even freaking Nadal can't do that but Stan can!?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I seriously did not expect Wawrinka to win the USO in 2016. He played marathon matches then with Evans, Del Potro and Nishikori and looked pretty much gassed out in the final and still pushed Novak to his limits :eek::eek::eek:

Wawrinka is becoming Djokovic's kryptonite at grandslams lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Wawrinka beats Djokovic again in the slams I will be really, really sad. I think Djokovic can't afford to lose any more to Wawrinka in slams. It will be a serious problem. I think USO 2019 was a problematic loss but injury was an excuse I guess...

It seems that Wawrinka just matches up so well to Djokovic where he physically drains him. Even freaking Nadal can't do that but Stan can!?
why sad?
like you still expect him to have an upper hand in this match up?
at this point of time I think its so apparent that Djokovic doesnt have the game to beat stanimal,and he is not changing his game style any bit

wawrinka is just too powerful at the baseline,and Djokovic continuously feeds balls to his backhand like he is praying that would somehow magically work,maybe he has not figured out that his own backhand isnt the greatest of all time?

the weakness of wawrinka as I see it is very well exposed by Federer(also raonic as I checked),with a somewhat fat body he isnt very agile,there is much loophole in his defence,Federer takes every opportunity to attack

similarly nadal is also very good at composing attacks,contrary to common myth

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
It would be pretty funny if Djoker lost to Stan again. I have watched tennis for decades, and Djoker is the closest thing I can think of to a player with no weakness. Stan is a good mover, but he is not a great mover, and Djoker has the tools to make him run. It seems Djoker just freezes when he faces Stan. It's a mental thing it seems. I for one want too see that final. It would be the most interesting final in my book. Another Djoker-Nadal final would be better at the French. Federer- Nadal final would be better at Wimbledon or the US open.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
why sad?
like you still expect him to have an upper hand in this match up?
at this point of time I think its so apparent that Djokovic doesnt have the game to beat stanimal,and he is not changing his game style any bit

wawrinka is just too powerful at the baseline,and Djokovic continuously feeds balls to his backhand like he is praying that would somehow magically work,maybe he has not figured out that his own backhand isnt the greatest of all time?

the weakness of wawrinka as I see it is very well exposed by Federer(also raonic as I checked),with a somewhat fat body he isnt very agile,there is much loophole in his defence,Federer takes every opportunity to attack

similarly nadal is also very good at composing attacks,contrary to common myth
So all those epics they played dont count, only when Wawrinka gets over the finish line is it a legitimate stanimal victory? You are telling me that a guy whos leading the H2H 19-6 does not have the game to beat Wawrinka? This trolling is beyond ridiculous.

People tend to forget Djokovic played 4-5 days in a row in RG 2015 due to external factors. In 2016 Djokovic had to retire in the finals because of injury he carried for months, eventualy he went through surgery. So basicaly the H2H looks even worse, 19-4 in favour of Djokovic.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So all those epics they played dont count, only when Wawrinka gets over the finish line is it a legitimate stanimal victory? You are telling me that a guy whos leading the H2H 19-6 does not have the game to beat Wawrinka? This trolling is beyond ridiculous.

People tend to forget Djokovic played 4-5 days in a row in RG 2015 due to external factors. In 2016 Djokovic had to retire in the finals because of injury he carried for months, eventualy he went through surgery. So basicaly the H2H looks even worse, 19-4 in favour of Djokovic.
stopped reading when you bring up the h2h

·
Registered
147 Posts
No one should be sad if Wawrinka beats Djokovic...

·
6,484 Posts
Nole has primed his game at beating Nadal and Federer, which is part of the problem.
Of course it will be a devastating result if Stanimal stops Nole from getting a record extending 8th AO title.
I am confident though that he will not make the final, and will be even cheering for Nadal in the semi should they meet.
If they meet, Nole was in imperious form at the ATP cup and now at the AO, so would still give him a very strong chance of beating Stan.

·
The special one
14,386 Posts
I must admit I'd be in a little bit of ruins if this happened.

Honestly Wawrinka having more slams than Murray would be a bigger travesty than Nadal breaking the slam record, not that I want that to happen either but objectively speaking even though I'm not a Nadal fan at least he's had a legenderry career and has broken records. Wawrinka otoh only tends to peak in slams, outside slams he's inferior to players like Tsonga, Ferrer and Berdych. I have no doubt if Stan wins this slam he'd follow it up by barely winning a match before RG.

·
The special one
14,386 Posts
I think when it comes to Djokovic v Wawrinka the H2H needs to be brought up sometimes, especially when I keep reading bullshit like "Stan is Djokovic's Kryptonite"

It's funny because Andy has always been viewed on here as Djokovic's pigeon and yet he has a better H2H against Djokovic than Stan who's viewed as someone Djokovic seemingly can't beat lol. Stan gets overrated far too much

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
Stopped reading when I saw that you were the OP.

You are the most ridiculously biased Djokovic hater on any forums or even there are some on Twitter who matches up with you in this regard.

You have zero credibility when it comes to tennis analysis, so much is true.

·
Registered
16,924 Posts
Djokovic serving better than in 2015 in Wimby and USO tells you something. He may be a bit worse from the baseline, but this supreme serving and his still very good ability to return will bring Wawrinka finally out of balance, should they meet in the final...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stopped reading when I saw that you were the OP.

You are the most ridiculously biased Djokovic hater on any forums or even there are some on Twitter who matches up with you in this regard.

You have zero credibility when it comes to tennis analysis, so much is true.
didnt realize that
deep inside I do hold nadal higher as the best player to date
I dont have issue with Djokovic

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Djokovic serving better than in 2015 in Wimby and USO tells you something. He may be a bit worse from the baseline, but this supreme serving and his still very good ability to return will bring Wawrinka finally out of balance, should they meet in the final...
This is still reliant on Djokovic bringing his best, which hasn't always been the case in slams final. I have little doubts he would come away as a winner if he brings his game from last year against Pouille/Nadal + some of the recent serving performance together.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts