Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think...? :D

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rafa probably, not Andy Murray ofc
I never said that it was ;)

Although I honestly think Murray will be at least one of the main rivals for Fed in 2008.

Murray and Nalbandian strike me as being the 2 main rivals because they are fresh, and hungry.

Nole and Rafa seem jaded. They will come good eventually obviously as they are class players...but there is alot of competetion for their places this year that wasn't there last year.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I never said that it was ;)

Although I honestly think Murray will be at least one of the main rivals for Fed in 2008.

Murray and Nalbandian strike me as being the 2 main rivals because they are fresh, and hungry.

Nole and Rafa seem jaded. They will come good eventually obviously as they are class players...but there is alot of competetion for their places this year that wasn't there last year.
I agree. Good post.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts

It's way to early to predict anything how the season will went on for the players. Who would have thought half a year ago that all of a sudden Murray and Nalbandian are expected to be Roger's main rivals? Both players had a good run lately, but don't write Nadal and Djokovic off. Best of 3 matches are one thing, Grand Slam matches another.

It should be a good season though if all mentioned players are able to show consistence over the next months.

Main rival for Roger in the rankings will probably still be Rafa, otherwise it will depend on the surfaces which rivalry we will get to see.

·
Registered
122 Posts
OK, I'm going out on a limb to say that Nalbandian takes the Aussie Open, Nadal takes the French and Wimbledon, and Djokovic takes the US Open, with Federer losing in the finals of all four...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I picked Djokovic. Picking Nadal would be too obvious I think even though that's much more likely. Plus, Novak has more all-surface potential I think.

Reactions: Kolya

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
if by rival you mean the player that can stay less than 2000 points behind in the ranking then your answer is Nadal

·
Registered
314 Posts
Why are we already discussing this?
We don't even know if all of them are going to play some matches against Federer...:eek:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Maybe a better question is: Who will Fed be a rival to in 2008.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Djoko and Murray! Both young and very talented!

Nalbandian and Nadal also huge threats but Nadal isnt too threatening outside of clay and it depends if Nalbandian is consistant enough!

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
OK, I'm going out on a limb to say that Nalbandian takes the Aussie Open, Nadal takes the French and Wimbledon, and Djokovic takes the US Open, with Federer losing in the finals of all four...
:lol: :lol: nice one :yeah:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts