Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
I thought you liked attacking players monfed? Sampras' level of aggression made Federer look passive.
Interesting point, Pres. I think Pete had a beautiful serve but his strokes were quite ugly wouldn't you say? That clownish FH and sticking his tongue out and not showing any real emotion was a downer. Plus, his net game always seemed to be overshadowed by his serve compared to say Edberg or Becker. I think perhaps he was a bit robotic that led me to dislike him. I still remember how happy I was when Krajicek beat him. I wanted Malivai to win the win because I used to support underdogs but still happy that Pete didn't win that year.

I guess you could say that I used to root for the underdog but that all changed with Roger.

·
6,503 Posts
Early 2000's Agassi, couldn't abide Hewitt even though he was a fellow countryman.
Never really supported anyone in the mid 00's until Novak came along later.
Was bored to tears by the Fedal duopoly, so Djoker's rise from 4 years at Number 3 to single-handedly destroying it was extremely enjoyable to watch. Murray's rise was also good as someone else to support.

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Andy Roddick was my tennis hero, I have no shame in saying that.

Also I just enjoy tennis in general. Having played it myself and loving to play it I learned to appreciate all styles of tennis. From Pushers, to Bashers, to All-Court players. Hence why I love Ferrer, Del Potro, Nadal, Fed etc.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Safin 2000-2005..Always thought he had the game (peak) to go toe to toe with Federer on all surafces but Grass..But first his character; then his body failed him..Hence, i latched onto Nadal who never disappointed in exposing the mortality of Federer whose dominance was made bigger in part by his non-Clay weak era "rivals" from same age group..

·
Registered
678 Posts
My favorites were Henman and Santoro. Love Tim's S&V game and he had so much talent at the net. Fabrics is just a marvelous showman with a unique style I couldn't take my eyes off of.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Marat Safin and Andy Roddick

:worship:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I pretty much liked all the players, including Federer. But his post-match comments have been so irritating and his arrogance has been through the roof during his prime years. I just wanted someone to step up and beat arrogant Fed, and Nadal was the only one capable of doing so. I have been Rafa fan for about 8, 9 years now.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I pretty much liked all the players, including Federer. But his post-match comments have been so irritating and his arrogance has been through the roof during his prime years. I just wanted someone to step up and beat arrogant Fed, and Nadal was the only one capable of doing so. I have been Rafa fan for about 8, 9 years now.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tenni...luating-federer-cocky-comments-154457703.html

Speaking of post-match comments, this is an interesting read. :)

Reactions: Eden

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Haas/Safin-->Djokovic--> Probably Nishikori/Delpo---> Thiem in future when Djokovic retires.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts