• Other

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who takes Wimbledon this year I think it's wide open, Murray is my favorite but this slam could have a shock winner like the Aus Open who do you think will win it.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
It's rather premature to open this thread, isn't it? We should probably wait until we see their respective grass form.

A lot of players have hit some very good runs of form. Raonic, Gulbis, Dimitrov (despite his loss to Karlovic) and Nishikori (if he recovers) could all be dangerous. Djokovic is always in good form and I doubt Nadal will lose so early this year. Tsonga is always dangerous on grass, as is Berdych. That said, I'd put Andy as the slight favourite too. His form has finally returned and he is the current king of grass.

I say Andy wins it too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's rather premature to open this thread, isn't it? We should probably wait until we see their respective grass form.

A lot of players have hit some very good runs of form. Raonic, Gulbis, Dimitrov (despite his loss to Karlovic) and Nishikori (if he recovers) could all be dangerous. Djokovic is always in good form and I doubt Nadal will lose so early this year. Tsonga is always dangerous on grass, as is Berdych. That said, I'd put Andy as the slight favourite too. His form has finally returned and he is the current king of grass.

I say Andy wins it too.
The grass court season is no why near long enough as Clay or Hardcourt so you can't take form into account.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
No Tsonga in the poll and Wawrinka is ?? He might be declining but he's one of the most natural grass players around and Wawrinka is awful on grass

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
The grass court season is no why near long enough as Clay or Hardcourt so you can't take form into account.
That's true, I suppose. Still, the difference between clay and grass is rather large so seeing how they have gone from one surface to the other will help. Probably not a great deal as there is a week before Wimbledon for all of them to get practice, but you understand my point.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I think Murray because of his current form and hes defending champion is the favorite.

Win or loose tomorow vs Rafa hes still favorite on grass.

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
Whoever wins the French won't be winning Wimbledon, that's all my crystal ball is telling me atm

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
It would be cool if Murray and Nadal weren't in the same half for once... just sayin.
Nadal can't get out of the first week, and if he does Murray should routine him on grass.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Whoever wins the French won't be winning Wimbledon, that's all my crystal ball is telling me atm
You never know. Nadal has managed it twice. That said, it was Nadal at his very peak.

Depends on who wins RG really:

If Nadal wins, probably not as his grass form has been horrible the past few years.
If Murray wins, then most likely as he's the current grass king.
If Djokovic wins, he has a chance due to his consistency and him being decent on grass.
If Gulbis wins, I somehow doubt his consistency is going to allow him two slams in a row.

So, you're most likely going to be right unless Andy somehow manages to win RG :lol:
Nadal can't get out of the first week, and if he does Murray should routine him on grass.
I wouldn't say routine. Beat? More than likely considering their form on grass in the past few years but it won't be a complete blowout.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
It would be cool if Murray and Nadal weren't in the same half for once... just sayin.
:confused: you're joking right? this is only the 2nd time they've played in 3 years

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
:confused: you're joking right? this is only the 2nd time they've played in 3 years
He means they're always set up in the same half as semi-final opponents. For whatever reason, one usually loses before they face the other.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Read my 2nd post for my reasoning.
He means they're always set up in the same half as semi-final opponents. For whatever reason, one usually loses before they face the other.
Oh, My bad. I guess you're right. they played 2010,2011 and was in the same half last year I think

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Depends what happens at rg

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
So if Djoke win RG, he becomes the current King of Clay?:unsure: Don't know if you will sell that to everyone? ;)
He did beat Nadal in Rome so he'd be the top clay courter due to results.

That said, it's different between the two as Murray has literally won all of his grass matches since the olympics in 2012. I don't think anyone is going to do that on clay for quite a while :lol:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts