Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Other: please specify

Votes: 4 10.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Olivier Patience #108, 27 years old, didn't play since september, reached 3rd round in Melbourne 4 years ago

2. Nicolas Devilder #115, 28 years old, mainly plays on clay, lost in the first round last year.

3. Mathieu Montcourt #123, 22 years old, mainly plays Challengers, never played in Melbourne.

4. Eric Prodon #153, 26 years old, usually plays Futures or Challengers, never in Melbourne.

5. Alexandre Sidorenko, 19 years old, won Australian Open in junior a few years ago.

6. Jonathan Eysseric, 17 years old, last year junior finalist, won some futures at the end of the season.

7. Other: please specify.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
Sidorenko

or even Eysseric

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Snowwy, who is the slag in your avatar? Sure I've seen her somewhere before, just can't remember her name.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Eysseric would seem to be the logical choice, young and improving with some good futures results late in the season. Sidorenko hasn't shown too much progression.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Gasquet should.

Reactions: Puschkin

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Montcourt or Sidorenko.

I'd love Olivier to get the wildcard, but I doubt that's possible.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Chardy.
20 years old, he won 2 Challengers in 2007 - small events, sure, but still. And it would make up for the WC he didn't get in Paris (while Sidorenko got one and retired on MP).

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Eysseric is a big wildcard collector, but how is that one decided? It's called the FFT wildcard, is it a choice of the FFT only? They might give it to a FFT player rather than Eysseric then.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Eysseric is a big wildcard collector, but how is that one decided? It's called the FFT wildcard, is it a choice of the FFT only? They might give it to a FFT player rather than Eysseric then.
fft is the french tennis federation, right? isn't eysseric a member of that federation? sorry, i'm a little confused about that.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Yes, of course, they are all members of the federation and can all get the wildcard.
I meant the players who are working with FFT coaches, using the FFT training structures, etc. More and more players have been leaving that system for private structures and the FFT looks quite desperate about it lately.

I don't know who decides about that WC, I really was just asking.
If it's some commission representing the French tennis in general, it isn't an issue. But if it's more an internal decision of the FFT, they might want to help rather one of their own guys.

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
Chardy or Eysseric - the only logical choices. Chardy finally overcame his struggles after becoming a senior, while Eysseric is improving very much and this could be a great experience for him.

Plus, he was a finalist last year in juniors.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Other -> Chardy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts