Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
probably blake, but ginepri would be better on clay i think (although they both have sucked on clay and i doubt they will have a chance against belgium)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Do we know who's gonna play singles for Belgium? O. Rochus and Malisse?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Is Agassi available??
He is surely the best American on clay!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I don't fancy either Blake or Ginepri's chances vs Olivier and Cristophe. Andy and the Twins will have to be at their best to pull out victory.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Blake was nominated for US team, but that could be changed until an hour before the draw.
The Rochus brothers are joined by Vliegen and Darcis on Belgium team.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Blake's clay record is comparatively WAY better than Ginepri's. At least James has won ONE best-of-5 match on clay before :lol:

·
34,641 Posts
Gah, they could do a match to decide, or use a coin (head or tales). Anyway, if I were the capitain, Blake is my choice
(I am still waiting for a day when a singles player gets injured and a Bryan needs to play singles)

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
James, I guess ...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
McEnroe said he's not going to say for sure until the day before... I guess he wants to watch them practise on the dirt first :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
keqtqiadv said:
(I am still waiting for a day when a singles player gets injured and a Bryan needs to play singles)
Bob won the NCAA Singles Title when he was at Stanford in addition to winning the NCAA doubles title with his brother the same year.

·
Banned
337 Posts
The way Roddick has been playing recently, maybe PMac's better off just picking Blake and Ginepri for both singles positions.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Debstah said:
Blake's clay record is comparatively WAY better than Ginepri's. At least James has won ONE best-of-5 match on clay before :lol:
Although that was only against Dent, not exactly a clay court genius. ;) Having said that, I think Ginepri actually did lose to Dent on clay one year. :lol:

I agree that Blake would be the wiser choice based on his past clay record. I think that's who PMac picked...

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I believe Ginepri's game is better on clay than Blake but the most important thing is, does he believe that?

·
Banned
337 Posts
tangerine_dream said:
Wow, lookit all these helpful suggestions from the Roddick haters who want to see the US DC team lose. :lol:
Are you referring to what I said?
I wasn't completely joking. I mean, none of these guys (Roddick, Blake, and Ginepri) are very good on clay. They all lost in the first two rounds of the French Open this year. The difference is that Blake and Ginepri have a lot of confidence going into this week, while Roddick doesn't. I don't think it's totally ridiculous to suggest that maybe Roddick shouldn't play this week and that the other two should.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
fedpras said:
Are you referring to what I said?
I wasn't completely joking. I mean, none of these guys (Roddick, Blake, and Ginepri) are very good on clay. They all lost in the first two rounds of the French Open this year. The difference is that Blake and Ginepri have a lot of confidence going into this week, while Roddick doesn't. I don't think it's totally ridiculous to suggest that maybe Roddick shouldn't play this week and that the other two should.
It's not ridiculous but won't happen, PMac wouldn't even entertain the thought. Your avatar is :cool: How did they get all those shadows in one picture :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts