Votes: 4 4.1%
  • They should hold a playoff

Votes: 17 17.5%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was brought up in another thread. A similar poll for the French wildcard would be cool too. I'm assuming that Isner, who is the third alternate on the original entry list, will get in automatically. The top candidates are probably Levine and Ginepri, but I've included a few others.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Ginepri or Odesnik, but rather the first one. OR they may think that it's possible that Ginepri will win his place in qualies and give it to Odesnik

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
The highest rank player that does not get direct entry, unless they hold a qualifier, in that case the winner of the qualifier should get the WC.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Levine or Ginepri, probably Levine because of his recent tear in the challenger circuit.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
McClune should get it

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Mike's not ready for it. If they are not holding a playoff (and I think they would have done it by now, I'm still trying to find out), then give it to Levine.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
I think they should hold a playoff like the Australians. This makes the players earn the wildcard and also gives the player confidence knowing they earned the wildcard by beating other hopefuls. If their is no playoff then it should go to Isner, Ginepri or Levine. Isner may get in directly with a couple more withdrawals so then I would probably give it to Levine because of his recent unbeaten streak and make Ginepri qualify. You have to reward younger players in these situations if the older players are not playing to thier potential.

Reactions: binkygirl

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Levine or Ginepri, probably Levine because of his recent tear in the challenger circuit.
Levine. He's had the best recent Challenger results. Robby has had his opportunities. Why did he sit on his ass so much at the end of the year? Why not play the Challengers? Lazy and overall, not too bright. Make him earn his AO berth.

Why are they not having a playoff? This is the sort of stuff that leads to cries of USTA favoritism.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Robby.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I just think that our one wildcard should go to a young player that's actually showing signs of improvement. Not someone who has been given all the breaks in the past and wasted most of it.
I agree.

I would choose Levine.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Bah, i wish Jeff Tarango would come out of retirement :eek:
I would support him for the WC all the way :rocker2: :lol:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Derek Novacek

1 - 20 of 53 Posts