10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say Djokovic's head has best shot of stopping Nole at this point

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the "all of the above" option?
Sorry .. thought hard about the options but it didn't click to me to add all of the above ....

You can vote for Djokovic's head. This option is also as good :D

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Djokovic's head making itself a nuisance is a given. As for the players, Dimitrov is a good grass-court player and is in a flow, yet he is inexperienced at this stage and less consistent than Nole, so it could go either way. Fed is a better grasscourter, but could he raise his level in a hypothetical final? Could go either way. Raonic has a lesser ground game, but could serve Djokovic off the court. Could go either way. I wouldn't be able to predict with any amount of certainty the result in any of these matches.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
you really need to be science doctor to conclude Federer's chances > Dimitrov's chances >> Raonic's chances

and yep, you must be pretty deluded if you think these matches are on Djokovic's racket, whoever he plays

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I don't think Dimitrov in the SF or Federer in the F are easy matchups at all for Djokovic at this point, especially if he plays like he did against Cilic :scared:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
The first three.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
The final. And Becker is going to steal Nole's lunch. He a hungry man when Burger King's not around

·
Registered
766 Posts
The crowd will play a huge role. I think they are going to overwhelming root for Fed and Grigor (because he will be easier fodder for Fed in the final). The next couple of matches are going to be super tough. No question about it.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
What is that first option? Djokovic's head?

What's he going to do, head-butt him?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Listen, it's obvious what the answer is.

Federer is the best grass-court player there has been since there was Sampras. He has had a new leece of life, gotten together with a living legend from the past Eddberg and worked on developing more on his transition game to the net, ending points sooner ... cutting off the defense from others when he's able to control the center of the court and get them moving.

The new stick/racquet is helping. He's shanking and spraying less backhands.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is that first option? Djokovic's head?

What's he going to do, head-butt him?
Djokovic's head is his mental ability to stay calm in crucial moments, not to choke when serving for set/match, not to double fault when opposite player has break point.

If he loses because of these mental breakdowns, his head stopped him to win Wimby :)

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Djokovic's head is his mental ability to stay calm in crucial moments, not to choke when serving for set/match, not to double fault when opposite player has break point.

If he loses because of these mental breakdowns, his head stopped him to win Wimby :)
So when Nole loses it is always because of his head? :unsure:
No merit to the opponents or anything? :rolleyes:
That sounds worse than the Rafatards who claim that Rafa only loses when injured or the Fedtards who say that the match is always on Roger's racket :eek:

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you really need to be science doctor to conclude Federer's chances > Dimitrov's chances >> Raonic's chances

and yep, you must be pretty deluded if you think these matches are on Djokovic's racket, whoever he plays
Yeah .. but some of us think that the matches ARE on Nole's racket, and that he has the game to beat each of the three.

With these opponents on his path, Nole can be beaten only by his head (his mental state).
He (his head) can choose the style, with DF in crucial moments(RG final), UE on easy net points (AO QF), choking when serving for set/match (multiple times during 2014)

Maybe I'm right and maybe not :shrug:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Is this the guy that lost the chance of completely the career slam and clinching the 2013 french open because of an amateur player error of allowing his momentum to touch the net? He improvised to hit a volley from what was meant to be a smash and it fucked him. Mentally tough?

What about the US Open? Howmany break-points for the double break in the 3rd set? Doesn't take them and then throws away the break lead he does have with silly and stupid unforced bloody errors.

...and this years french? He had a virus related health issue, however still managed to allow a baby in the crowd to side-track his mind and loses focus by hitting a guess what? DOUBLE FAULT. lol Then couldn't get over that and got broken to lose the set.

Seriously. Don't give me the DJokovic mental toughness bloody malarkey.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So when Nole loses it is always because of his head? :unsure:
No merit to the opponents or anything? :rolleyes:
That sounds worse than the Rafatards who claim that Rafa only loses when injured or the Fedtards who say that the match is always on Roger's racket :eek:
Nope. For example he did lose the RG because Nadal is better claycourter overall and there were smaller factors such as his sickness that prevented him to give better fight in the last three sets.

But he definitely lost the AO QF because of his head. Choked away the break lead in 5th set. And practically gave up the two net points to Wawa to lose the last game. Only 2-3 points decided the match and all of them were "mental Nole"

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't believe I'm reading this.

Is this the guy that lost the chance of completely the career slam and clinching the 2013 french open because of an amateur player error of allowing his momentum to touch the net? He improvised to hit a volley from what was meant to be a smash and it fucked him. Mentally tough?

What about the US Open? Howmany break-points for the double break in the 3rd set? Doesn't take them and then throws away the break lead he does have with silly and stupid unforced bloody errors.

...and this years french? He had a virus related health issue, however still managed to allow a baby in the crowd to side-track his mind and loses focus by hitting a guess what? DOUBLE FAULT. lol Then couldn't get over that and got broken to lose the set.

Seriously. Don't give me the DJokovic mental toughness bloody malarkey.
That is exactly what I'm saying. He desperately needs metal toughness, he needs focus in crucial points.

My first option in the pool - Nole's head is - "lack of mental toughness and losing focus in crucial moments" will prevent him to win Wimby. And not GOATING opponent on the other end :wavey:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Nope. For example he did lose the RG because Nadal is better claycourter overall and there were smaller factors such as his sickness that prevented him to give better fight in the last three sets.

But he definitely lost the AO QF because of his head. Choked away the break lead in 5th set. And practically gave up the two net points to Wawa to lose the last game. Only 2-3 points decided the match and all of them were "mental Nole"
He's been pretty focussed in big moments, the returns against Federer at the USO when the latter had MPs come to mind...

And frankly? Federer is a FAR FAR FAR FAR better grasscourter than Djokovic could ever dream of being, if it comes down to a showdown between the two of them, I think the Swiss would have the edge because of his game being tailor made for the surface.

Same as I'd always give Nole the edge at the AO/IW/Miami vs Roger, because slow to medium HC is by far his best surface.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts