Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do MTFers consider a threat to Djok in his half?
So much has been made of Thiem's "draw from hell", and on paper Djok has the easiest draw of the top 3 here, no question.
But who stands a chance of beating him (slim but not impossible) or at least testing him in a tough 4 or 5 setter?

I think PCB or Rublev.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Tsitsipas and PCB

Maybe Altmaier since he's a Wawrinka lite version. He considers his game to be similar to Stan's and his mentor.

I don't think Rublev or Dimitrov would take a set. Maybe one tight one and that's it. Then errors and shanks galore from them.

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
Only testing him in a 4 setter or maybe 5, if Novak has a really bad day.
It's mostly Rublev.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Garin (on clay), PCB, Rublev, Tsitsipas are all capable players. I won't write any one of them yet. Clay is not Djokovic's best surface. It gets tougher for him from R16.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Line judges,for sure

Reactions: Jester and Roxitova

·
Registered
700 Posts
He's a huge favorite against everyone in his half, that's for sure. But anything can happen.

If I was PCB and made it to the QF, I would pay whatever it cost to bring that line judge lady from New York and sit her right in front of Djokovic.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
ATP has already paid for the cost and sent the same chair umpire to Paris. PCB is already here. This time, I am getting a feeling that it will be a ball girl jumping out of nowhere onto the path of Djokovic's ball and place her throat to perfection, right when he's making one of his serves during a match.

I think the stars are aligning for something unexpected to happen here. I can sense it.

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
Tsitsipas and Dimitrov.
Dimitrov last time posed a real threat to Djokovic was on clay, more than 7 years ago... he regressed since on the surface while Djokovic could easily bring his 2013 RG level which should be more than enough to shut down this threat.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I see a lot of really scared people in this thread who have no belief that their favorite can beat Novak, and thus are hoping Novak will lose to players like Garin, Busta, or even Tsitsipas (who have no chance).

·
justice for all
16,807 Posts
Whoever wins the QF between Rublev and Tsitsipas. I just hope that the winner won't be too fatigued for the SF.

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
No one. They will all bend over for the Djoker.
That's a typical tard answer, you surely hope that someone'll muster enough confidence to put up at least a decent fight, don't you?

Reactions: n00b

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
lol you are a tard too😂😂😂
Says a Fedtard with barely 320 posts in 3 years.
At least I usually don't deliver such gems that I quoted above.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No one. A focussed Djokovic is hard to beat for anybody except Rafa and Thiem (on their day).

Reactions: janko05

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's a typical tard answer, you surely hope that someone'll muster enough confidence to put up at least a decent fight, don't you?
Threat implies someone who might beat him, not someone who puts up a fight only for a set. Do you honestly believe there is someone in his draw who might beat him ?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts