Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
It has to be at least one, nothing that I can remember though

I only remember Rainer Schuettler in the QFs of Wimbledon 2008 being up 6-0 to Arnaud Clement in the 3rd set tiebreak, Clement came back to 6-6, just to lose it 8-6. I'm not sure but if I remember corectly, Clement double faulted at 6-6 and then Schuettler finally won it with an ace :lol:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Richard Krajicek did it against Jan Siemerink at US Open one year in the mid or late 90s. Blew 6-0 and lost. Jan Siemerink told the story in Facing McEnroe. John McEnroe said on TV during the telecast he would stand on his head if Krajicek blew the 6-0 lead which he did and McEnroe did the headstand on live TV. Siermenk tells the whole story and more in the book Facing McEnroe. Very funny stuff :)

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Mathieu? :(

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The bryan brothers once lost a match tiebreak after being up 9-2...
That was the final of Delray about four years ago, they lost to Marach and Fabrice Martin if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
From the highlights I saw, most points in Murray/Copil were decided by Copil's winners and unforced errors, so maybe Murray didn't choke as much as Copil played great from 0-5 down. I remember Graf/Seles FO final where Monica won a tiebreak from being 2-6 down by winning 6 straight points. Guess being so much ahead in the tiebreak some players may tend to play too passive and wait for UE, but if opponent outright outplays them it isn't really a choke.

·
23,063 Posts
Did Rafa choke a TB against Stan-during his Stanamil period-when up 6-0? Perhaps it was only 6-1.
That was Rome 2015 (one of the signs that shown Stan may likely do well in RG) and I think it was 6-1 or 6-2 -- however, it was more of Stan just letting it rip, although I agree Nadal should've probably been more aggressive on those rallies, than wait for Stan to lose (which to be fair can be an effective strategy against him).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts