Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Re: Most young player achived 4R of GS?

lol Chang won FO at 17 years 3 months, I'm pretty sure Becker won Wimbledon before his 18th birthday as well.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts

Chang, Becker and Wilander won their first slam at only 17.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Re: Most young player achived 4R of RG?

The question with "ever" in it sounds ridiculous, but a interesting stat is that Coric is the youngest one in the 3rd round of RG since Safin in 1998.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts

Probably it was a random player of one of those editions before the Open Era where the tennis players taking part in the tournament were mugs from local villages close to the tournament's place and friends of the tournament owners.

About who made it to the R16 at the youngest age in the Open Era, I don't have any clue mate.

I say about RG!!!:mad:
:lol:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

well first of all i think the title would sound better if you had said"youngest player ever to reach 4th round of roland garros?"

secondly,no ,he wouldnt be

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

Maybe. It will be close. Stepanek could have made it. Too bad he lost to Berdych.

Reactions: Mountaindewslave

·
Registered
8,327 Posts

I really like Coric, but my god his OTT fans are doing my nut in already. Give it a rest.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Like people above said, Michael Chang won RG when he was 17 years old. Coric is more than a year older than Chang was.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Coric is what? 18 years 6 months old?
Safin was 18 yrs and 4 mos when he reached 4th round there in 1998 playing his first ever slam main draw. And he beat Agassi and defending champion Kuerten along the way.

And as already been mentioned there is Chang and many others.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
This guy obviously is trolling. Lock thread and ban OP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts