• Other (please specify)

Votes: 21 15.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think there is a thread like this around here... so who is it in your opinion?

In my opinion is Federer... prime Federer or not, prime Djokovic or not, Federer always seems to trouble Djokovic. Even though he only leads the h2h by 1 Federer obviously is the toughest opponent for Djokovic imo. I don't know if it's just a mental thing or not but when Djokovic plays against Federer it's never a gimme for the serb. I'm more nervous when he plays Federer than i am when he plays Nadal tbh

Another option would (maybe) surprisingly... Isner. Even though Djokovic is well known as one of the best in the game when it comes to ROS, he usually struggles against Big John. The h2h is 5-2 in Nole's favour but he needed 5 sets to win in Belgrade on clay, lost a set in Paris m1000 and we all know how tough it was for him to defeat Isner in Indian Wells

Roddick was another player who challenged Djokovic more than he should have but i wouldn't call him a bad matchup as prime Djokovic obviously >> prime Roddick

Opinions?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Why on earth is Nadal an option? We aren't talking about Novak 1.0. Same gels for roddick. It is obviously jesusfed.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Has to be Federer.

Similar losing H2H with both Nadal and Federer, but Nadal is a vastly greater player than Roger so Federer must be the worse match up for him

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why on earth is Nadal an option? We aren't talking about Novak 1.0. Same gels for roddick. It is obviously jesusfed.
I'm feeding the trolls

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Uncle Toni

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
federer for sure. his slices and variety troubles nole.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I wouldn´t say Federer and Djokovic are neither a good nor a bad match-up for each other. More often than not both play very good tennis and it´s just a small difference between winner and loser.

Isner´s kick serve troubles Djokovic but IW 2012 and Cincinatti 2013 weren´t the most important tournaments to Djokovic.

I´d say Murray maybe, he really annoyed Djokovic with his game at US Open 2012 and Wimbledon 2013 especially.

Has to be Federer.

Similar losing H2H with both Nadal and Federer, but Nadal is a vastly greater player than Roger so Federer must be the worse match up for him
:lol:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Federer has a lot of variety, Novak likes to get into a comfortable rhythm during rallies, when he has to guess what's coming next he doesn't like that.
Fedtards boasting about Federer's variety.
Federer's weapon against Djokovic is pure power.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
How can you feedthe trolls when 18<22
Haha you are so desperate you count two retirements from Novak and ignore the fact that most of Dull's wins were against Djoker 1.0. Yep, such a hard matchup :wavey:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Haha you are so desperate you count two retirements from Novak and ignore the fact that most of Dull's wins were against Djoker 1.0. Yep, such a hard matchup :wavey:
How poor is yourfave if he depends on 9 months over a career to support your argument. Pathetic.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Djokovic

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I'd actually say Murray. He can hang in rallies with Nole and slice and dice him to death not allowing Nole to go into his safe backboard mode but forcing him to take the initiative in ways he doesn't really like, see their Wimbledon match as evidence. I think their H2H has been really close since Murray became a threat in mid 08 and alot of Nole's wins have been squeakers when he was in top form (Rome 11, Oz 12) or lucky breaks like the 13 Oz Open final or facing Murray on the comeback trail in Miami this year.

I don't think Federer is a bad matchup exactly, he's just a superior player who feels very confident playing against Novak for whatever reason.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts