Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
2) Djokovic followed by Federer. Djokovic no longer poses a threat to Nadal on clay as evident by the last 3 matches seen. Federer was somewhat of a threat from 05-11 but not enough to beat him.
You are joking around here. Djokovic was injured in some of the matches or just dead on his feet like last year in Rome.
Nadal' stamina might have been supersonic till he was 32, but had he been in Djokovic's shoes last April, he wouldn't have won that match.

Anyway: past – Djokovic + maybe Fognini, present: Thiem (except RG) + Djokovic

·
Registered
498 Posts
Djokovic won Madrid last year and made the Rome final while on empty. He is still a force on clay. Also, as much as I love Thiem, even I know he was aided by the wind against Djokovic at Roland Garros. Those were inhuman, brutal conditions. I feel Djokovic could beat Nadal at Roland Garros today. May we get that match in the autumn.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't think Thiem can beat Nadal over a best-of-5 on the clay. The one-handed backhand is a problem. Maybe he can do it over best-of-3, but to sustain what is necessary over best-of-5 against Nadal may be almost impossible. There is only one player who has everything needed to beat Nadal, and that is Djokovic.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts